Saints Fans in Arkansas? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I am originally from Little Rock and knew quite a few people from New Orleans area and were Saints fans, but since I moved up to Northwest Arkansas I haven't met as many. So anyone up here? Where do you watch the games?

My family is in Russellville - 4 season ticketholders. When they don't go to games, they watch on Sunday ticket. No bars for miles in the dry County!

I went to college in russellville - Go Tech - and lived there for several years, and not all counties in the area are dry... It just depends where in NW Arkansas you are... That is very much cowboy country, but there are some good bars in Fort Smith, Fayetteville, and a few other spots. But, getting direct tv will make life easier...

I am from little rock but I go to school in Tulsa. My dad and I have been saints fans all our lives. He spent sometime in SE Louisiana as a kid.

Nice to know I'm not alone in here! We usually go to bars or BWW to watch the games. I haven't missed one in years. We are considering getting the Sunday Ticket this year after reading the thread about the discount of $179. Its always interesting to see what all fans you see in a bar in Arkansas. Lots of Cowboys fans of course :rolleyes: but from there is almost always very random. I would love to live in NOLA and experience just watching a game there, let alone actually go to a game....

I am currently the driver of the ever expanding Saints bandwagon here in Little Rock. I was born in 'Nawlins in 64. I was raised on the Once beautiful Mississippi coast in Pass Christian. 56 miles from the Easy.
I grew up wearing #8 jerseys, now I wear #9 as an adult. I've been in the 'Rock for 22 years now, as EVERYONE in my family had a place to stay after Katrina. I grew up listening to Saints games on the radio, because we obviously didn't sell out Tulane Stadium back in the day, and I lived within the 60 mile blackout area. When I was old enough to drive I would drive to the Dome, and wait until almost kickoff, snag a ticket for 15-20 bucks, go sit in the Terrace and watch the 49ers etc. beat our *** 38-10 or whatever the score was. Walk out of the Dome, KNOWING that we would win our next game in the Dome.
I was rediculed by most of my family for loving my Saints. I remember many Sunday mornings after church telling folks I was going to see da Saints.I'd see them smiling and shaking their heads, with my uncles saying, "That boy will do anything to go watch those sorry arse saints." Both of my closest uncles missed this past year, but I know they had a blast watching me have the time of my life.
I have PROUDLY had season tickets for the last 14 years.. I LOVE it when I go back to the coast now, and see everyone who laughed or taunted me as a kid. I am the one laughing now! I now laugh at them for asking me for some tickets. I simply smile and say, "You can sign up for the waiting list of 50,000........."
Gotta go change the oil in the bandwagon, also need 4 new tires, as the wagon was VERY overloaded towards the end of the year. Thinking about building a second deck onto the wagon or maybe purchasing another one for two of my buddies to drive.....
obtw, if I am not at the game in person or if it's not on TV, I go to West End Tavern here in Little Rock, or the new Buffalo Wild Wings out Hwy. 10
TWO DAT

Ya West End and BWW are ok. Little Rock isn't much of a sports town. Fayetteville has a lot more bars and places to watch the game.

I hate bandwagon fans. You see so many in sports now days, especially in the NFL at the rate of players being traded. Many people like players, not teams. But a team like the Saints isn't just comprised of the players but of the city and the generations of fans everywhere.

My brother lives up there. He's been in Searcy, but he's moving to Heber Springs. He's a Saints fan...not like me though.

Grew up in Baton Rouge. So I always wanted to be Archie Manning. Remember taking to the field as kids and everybody would shout out who they were? "I'm Terry Bradshaw!!! I'm Wilbert Montgomery! I'm Lynn Swan!" Well, I was always Archie Manning. Still have my No. 8 jersey, though I can't much fit into it comfortably.

Moved to Little Rock (Sherwood, actually) in 2002, a few months after 9-11. Watched Katrina from here.

The good thing about the success of the Saints is that the fan base is growing nationally, and the TV stations up here will actually put the game on over 99 percent of the other teams.... UNLESS Dallas is playing at that time. If Dallas and New Orleans are playing both at noon on Sunday, both playing NFC teams (therefore Fox gets both games), it's a fact they'll show Dallas. So I have to go to a sports bar to watch the Saints. But I get about 10 games a year up here. And now that we have all these prime time games, I might get more than that.

As far as dealing with the Cowgirls fans all around me, it's much easier this year. But even in years past I've been able to tell them I've had four children since Dallas won a playoff game. Then, last year, Dallas finally got over the hump ----- and we win the SUPER BOWL!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Ahem. Usually I just think that last part in smug silence.....

I'm a die hard here in Little Rock. I had the Sunday Ticket for years but I had to get rid of it this year b/c the prices were just too much. So glad to see other true fans in the area. Can we pick a usual place to meet and watch the game? Would love to meet you guys

I'm born and raised in NOLA and came to Little Rock about six months after Katrina. So many games are on TV now I usually watch it at home but used to go to West End and watched a few games with that crowd....what up GB2. Now if its not on TV I go to Vino's. The owner of Vino's is from Morgan City and he always has the game on the big screen and they got great beer and pizza. West End was too smoky and my 2 year old loves the pinball at Vino's. Good luck in NW AR. Being the super bowl champs most games will be on TV again and can ya'll believe we play the Cowboys on Thanksgiving.

I'm a die hard here in Little Rock. I had the Sunday Ticket for years but I had to get rid of it this year b/c the prices were just too much. So glad to see other true fans in the area. Can we pick a usual place to meet and watch the game? Would love to meet you guys

I live in Fayetteville (NWA) now but my family is still in LR. We are down a lot so next time I'm down we will for sure pick a place to meet up and watch a game! BWW is good and cheap, West End is ok but it is too smoky. I have never been to Vinos but I bet it's fun to watch there. I'll let you know when we will be in town. We should try and get as many people from the boards to meet up.

I live in Fayetteville (NWA) now but my family is still in LR. We are down a lot so next time I'm down we will for sure pick a place to meet up and watch a game! BWW is good and cheap, West End is ok but it is too smoky. I have never been to Vinos but I bet it's fun to watch there. I'll let you know when we will be in town. We should try and get as many people from the boards to meet up.

Sounds great! I miss being around Who Dats. I hate being in Cowgirl country :(

I am originally from Little Rock and knew quite a few people from New Orleans area and were Saints fans, but since I moved up to Northwest Arkansas I haven't met as many. So anyone up here? Where do you watch the games?

I was born and raised in New Orleans. Moved to NWA about two months after Katrina. Have loved the Saints all of my life........My husband and I normally pick one game per year to go to....year before last we went to KC because it was so close. Last year we went to New Orleans for the MNF game against the Falcons,,,,,, Can you guess which game we are going to this year???? DALLAS......I think that last year was the best year since we've been up here to watch the Saints game. I think that it will be easy to catch a game this year as well, especially due to the fact that we have so many primetime games, oh and let's not forget we are the DEFENDING CHAMPIONS!!!

As far as bandwagon fans, I think they are funny....the more the merrier....the more money that people spend on Saints stuff, the more Benson is willing to spend on making sure we continue to have a competitive team...that's just my theory.... :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom