Saints draft Taliese Fuaga How do you like the pick? (8 Viewers)

Taliese Fuaga: How do you like the pick?

• Love it

Votes: 281 49.0%
  • Like it

Votes: 192 33.5%
  • Meh

Votes: 54 9.4%
  • Hate it

Votes: 9 1.6%
  • Too soon to tell

Votes: 37 6.5%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I think Taliese will have a more impactful NFL career than Bowers. Which I understand is an unpopular opinion here, but I see Bowers as an NFL H-Back who won't be able to play as an in-line TE and block in-the-box NFL defenders. I think he'll be a good but not great NFL receiver, but not a two-way TE which appears to be a requirement for a Shanahan-style offense. I do get that he's just the kind of guy who would be highly (in my opinion over-) valued on message boards in this neck of the woods; very productive in college at an SEC powerhouse, on television here every week. I just don't get the "generational talent" talk.

I don't see Fuaga as some can't miss Hall of Famer, now, but do think he has a good shot at a 10-12 year starting career with multiple Pro Bowls at the position we'd identified pre-draft as our most glaring need.

But that's just my opinion. I'm not trying to convince anyone else that they're wrong if they don't agree with me.
Itā€™s not ALOT.
Itā€™s 1. Saintman.

He just keeps posting a lot, so it seems like alot of people.

I think Taliese will have a more impactful NFL career than Bowers. Which I understand is an unpopular opinion here, but I see Bowers as an NFL H-Back who won't be able to play as an in-line TE and block in-the-box NFL defenders. I think he'll be a good but not great NFL receiver, but not a two-way TE which appears to be a requirement for a Shanahan-style offense. I do get that he's just the kind of guy who would be highly (in my opinion over-) valued on message boards in this neck of the woods; very productive in college at an SEC powerhouse, on television here every week. I just don't get the "generational talent" talk.

I don't see Fuaga as some can't miss Hall of Famer, now, but do think he has a good shot at a 10-12 year starting career with multiple Pro Bowls at the position we'd identified pre-draft as our most glaring need.

But that's just my opinion. I'm not trying to convince anyone else that they're wrong if they don't agree with me.
Great post. I think Fuaga will go down as one of the best to ever play the position for us. I could be way wrong but I feel very confident about this. And I agree with your last, am the same. It's just fun to talk about and the only reason this place exists in the first place.
Itā€™s not ALOT.
Itā€™s 1. Saintman.

And I'm guilty on the other end of the spectrum. I'm gonna shut up about Fuaga now but I'm just so dang excited!

I hear this now but last year most reviews were very similar to what we here about our pick tonight.

The only similarity is that both were called nasty. But Fuaga is also a technician who is already ready to play whereas Penning need to learn a lot of technique stuff and all reports were that it would take him awhile to develop.

Love the pick... However, I think Fuaga would be his best at guard. I hope Penning can develop to lock down that LT position and Ram can continue playing because Fuaga would be a monster at the guard position.

Thatā€™s your 5th long post on the same topic.
Hey Jack, the Draft is a complete inexact science. There's no guarantee of success or complete, outright failure or disappointment, so it's a series of educated guesses, at best. And you want to get the right players for the right positilns, depth, fit, and longevity.

Discussing and debating some of these issues often lead to lengthy, in-depth conversations, different varying points and perspectives you/anyone else might have and that can often lead to long posts or replies.

I try to be as respectful and consistent, and considerate I possibly can. I support drafting Taliese because we desperately needed OL help going into this Draft and next season. For us, where we were at #14 overall pick, realistically, he was our BPA and so we made the correct decision.

Look once bowers started to drop I really really wanted him and am disappointed that we missed out on him. Especially by one pick. Do I think the saints draft Bowers over Fuaga if heā€™s thereā€¦ yes. But I also think Fuaga was high on their board possibly the 3rd or even 2nd tackle. I believe they had him rated higher than any of the defensive players. So we didnā€™t trade up, got a day one starter at a position of need, and he was likely BPA or at the very least in the same tier as BPA. I get being disappointed about not getting bowers, I was too for about 15 minutes, but I just donā€™t see how anyone can be upset with this pick.

From another board:

First round Oline is like getting towels for Christmas. At first you are like ā€œWhat the heck?ā€ā€¦then 2 years later you sure as hell love those freaking towels.

Itā€™s not ALOT.
Itā€™s 1. Saintman.

No, I think there are more than a few folks here who value Bowers much higher than I do, which is cool. If you want to see some real drooling-style Bowers infatuation, visit Tigerdroppings.

But wear protection.

Long posts are his MO
SW, some of the issues I've discussed, debated, argued about, and gotten into some heated arguments in threads over the past 20+ years on SR tend to be complex, very nuanced, highly interpretative, often controversial topics, subjects that require and demand a lot of information to back up your arguments or assertions. Sometimes that leads to long replies or posts explaining or counte-replying to other posters.

Have I overdone it? Absolutely, but I felt that I had to give as much information as I possibly could to support my arguments because if I don't, I'll be laughed at and ridiculed out of the forum.

Their were periods on SR, too about 10-15 years ago where some of the discussions got a bit more heated and contensious then what it might get today. This was before we had our politics board, MAP, created and placed on a seperate site, so socio-political issues often got discussed and a few got more then a bit unruly at times and it was kind of Social Darwinism back then, you either sank-or-swam if you couldn't back up your arguments because your credibility was damaged or shot.

You were around back then, SWJJ, you remember how testy it could get sometimes between certain posters.

With nine offensive linemen going in the first round, Iā€™m feeling really good about the pick. Itā€™s a deep draft, but those positions thinned quickly.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom