Rights to season Tickets (1 Viewer)

Anyone that pays anything significant for something they will never own is getting screwed.
They are paying to be the lease holder essentially so they get the invoice each year for their tickets while the other person has given them up.

They are paying to be the lease holder essentially so they get the invoice each year for their tickets while the other person has given them up.
Unless the Saints just eliminate those seats like they have done twice in the last decade, then you've paid for nothing. To frame it as buying "rights" is laughable, there are no PSL's in a 40 year old stadium.

It’s just the right to have an invoice sent to you with your name on it.

I transferred mine to my seatmate a couple seasons ago, and in exchange, he agreed to let me have tickets to a game for a couple seasons.

Unless the Saints just eliminate those seats like they have done twice in the last decade, then you've paid for nothing. To frame it as buying "rights" is laughable, there are no PSL's in a 40 year old stadium.
We all in the same boat so I don't see what the issue is lol

As mentioned above, no one “owns” their Saints tickets, or the “rights” to said tickets...

Saints official transfer form specifically states "rights to the tickets" several times.

OP never stated "rights for life". He is using the same terminology on the transfer form. And y'all giving him sheete for it.

How much are people actually paying to “jump the line”? I realize number of tickets and location would matter. I’m just curious, a rough estimate would suffice.

How much are people actually paying to “jump the line”? I realize number of tickets and location would matter. I’m just curious, a rough estimate would suffice.

I saw a posting on the Facebook exchange asking for $1000 per seat. Section 145. Seller said price per seat of season ticket is $2200.

Because we didnt pay thousands for the "rights" to the seats like this guy is asking someone else to do.

Its's great YOU didn't have to, but some have to in order to get the season tickets from people who want to sell them to another because they don't want the spots anymore long term. The season ticket line never really gets much shorter when ticket holders get firs dibs on purchases.

I saw a posting on the Facebook exchange asking for $1000 per seat. Section 145. Seller said price per seat of season ticket is $2200.
Thanks. Not life changing money. Nothing close to what PSL’s can go for. As everyone has said you aren’t buying a permanent right so there’s some risk, but the cost is minimal. At that price, I agree with the notion that it’s a convenience charge for being able to jump the line, and if someone is willing to pay it, understanding the risk, no big deal.

Season ticket holders of eliminated seats will get the first option to relocate to available seats before other season ticket holders and the waiting list. So to say they "paid for nothing" is wrong.

Buying and selling "rights" simply means you are paying someone to transfer their tickets into your name. It's a common term that I'm sure you know and are just being pedantic for some reason.

I joined the waiting list in 2006, gave up a couple years later and bought ticket rights from someone else. The 12-ish years of games with my group plus the people that have become my dome family have been worth every penny I spent on the rights, which after 100+ games is probably only a few dollars per game. When you also consider that if my number was ever called from the waiting list it would have been for much more expensive tickets (I'm in 600 the level) I've probably saved money.

Looking to buy 2 season tickets with “rights” if anyone is looking to sell or knows someone willing to. Saints fan living in New Orleans who plans to attend the games not sell to opposing fans.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom