PFF gives an A+ to Saints 2024 Draft Class (1 Viewer)

Let's hope they're right. And something else PFF didn't mention--they let the draft come to them, traded up once at a modest price, and didn't trade away future picks.
What was funny about the trade up for Kool-Aid were people confused as to why the Packers let the Saints get the guy the Packers absolutely needed.

As someone who’s had enough of this FO and thinks Loomis should retire, this is the happiest I’ve been post draft in a long time.

We’ve got good value picks and haven’t traded away future firsts and seconds. That’s the main thing and there are clear signs the FO realise Carr isn’t it beyond the next season or two. Can’t ask for much more at this point.

As someone who’s had enough of this FO and thinks Loomis should retire, this is the happiest I’ve been post draft in a long time.

We’ve got good value picks and haven’t traded away future firsts and seconds. That’s the main thing and there are clear signs the FO realise Carr isn’t it beyond the next season or two. Can’t ask for much more at this point.
I think the Saints always have a plan and we are just witnesses to those plans.

I agree, they are resetting their cap after the all in years of Drew Brees latter years and drafted with intention to maximize current draft picks and to keep building around current players and draft for the future.

Haener and Rattler are talent guys who can battle it out for post Carr years which maybe sooner than later.

Last edited:

I’m inclined to think Loomis knew how important this draft was to the franchise. In turn, he took the recommendations of Jeff Ireland and Randy Meuller seriously for a change.

Let’s not forget the influence of Sean Payton in our propensity to trade up and trade away future picks.
I’ve thought a lot of this the last couple days. Dennis is going to do things differently. Sean was a gambler and they may not have been a good thing for the Saints future. Now he’s gone maybe the ship can be righted?

I’m inclined to think Loomis knew how important this draft was to the franchise. In turn, he took the recommendations of Jeff Ireland and Randy Meuller seriously for a change.
Agree, there definitely seems to be a change. Feels almost obvious that Loomis is taking a step back and is preparing for retirement in the next couple of years.

Fuaga is apparently 100% an Ireland pick, we’ve brought in Mueller and Ziegler and we haven’t traded away future capital.

I’ve thought a lot of this the last couple days. Dennis is going to do things differently. Sean was a gambler and they may not have been a good thing for the Saints future. Now he’s gone maybe the ship can be righted?
We did the 2022 Philadelphia trade after Payton was gone. Payton may have signed off on them, but the trading was absolutely on Loomis. To blame Payton is to re-write history.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom