Notice: This coming weekend I'm going to switch styles to the light background for a few days... (1 Viewer)

Dunk contest was garbage. The All Star game is...low effort nonsense. Steph vs Sabrina was fun.

Dunk contest was garbage. The All Star game is...low effort nonsense. Steph vs Sabrina was fun.
The shooting contest was great.

They really got to get ALL Star game under 240 points again. This isn't fun.

Why? Did someone complain? Personally, I like the dark theme. It’s easy on the eyes and as they say dark and sexy.
Yeah I'm legally blind and the dark backgrounds are way easier to see for me, for some reason. Anything against a white background is tough as heck.

Dude there are several regular season games reaching 240 this year. No way will the all star game get under that
I know I'll get clowned for this but to me the greatest era of NBA ball was the 80's and 90's. I cannot even fathom how many MJ would score in this super soft era of offense. He got murdered game in and game out back in the day.

I also will be in the minority as I believe the elite teams of back then would destroy the elite teams of today. Unless they played with the charmin soft rules.

The shooting contest was great.

They really got to get ALL Star game under 240 points again. This isn't fun.
No one wants to play defense in an All Star game because it can lead to aches & pain. I sure wouldn't want a Pels player to be going all out in a game that means absolutely nothing. This NBA exhibition is even worse than what the NFL is doing with the Pro Bowl entertainment. It's hard to have interest in something that is even less intense than a pickup game among friends. :shrug:

No one wants to play defense in an All Star game because it can lead to aches & pain. I sure wouldn't want a Pels player to be going all out in a game that means absolutely nothing. This NBA exhibition is even worse than what the NFL is doing with the Pro Bowl entertainment. It's hard to have interest in something that is even less intense than a pickup game among friends. :shrug:
I am willing to bet that the coaches prefer it this way as well to limit the chances of injury. Of course they would never say that publicly lol

I know the mid season break is necessary, but the only way you have a chance of making the All Star game competitive is to have it after the season ends

I think you just have make the game shorter and have two or three games. ????

I think you just have make the game shorter and have two or three games. ????
Let's face it, the only thing that would make the two teams play like it really mattered is if there was a HUGE amount of money on the line. If the new rule was that the losing players got somewhere around $10,000 each to participate and the winning players got somewhere around $2 million each... then you'd have a game that they could put on Pay Per View! :hihi:

All my devices are on dark theme so I gots no problem with the current set up. My eyes have gotten more and more sensitive lately anyway.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom