Nintendo to Launch New Console in Q1 of 2025 (1 Viewer)

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

I'm sure this will cause much crying from antipop.

Anyway, I've never gotten into any of the Nintendo consoles but I know my daughter, a weeb in Gen Z, and all her friends basically only play Nintendo consoles and PCs. And I guess Nintendo might decide to upgrade the console power to come close to PS/XBox this generation.

I love Nintendo. I like multiplayer and platformers. I’ll get it, but probably not until the library gets built up. There still too much in my switch and PS5 queue

Great. I just bought my Switch….for Zelda which I can’t even get into. Lol guess I’ll be buying this one too.

Idk. Think it’s me just getting old finally. I loved the first one, find myself less able to get into a lot of the games I used to love, nowadays. Been at it for over 40 years….think I’m losing the magic.

I hear you. It's hard for me to do as well though Zelda has done it for me. Other than that I've gotten into racing games because I play in small increments as I like. It has to do with stress and time management. I just don't have enough time and energy to get into many long form games.

I hear you. It's hard for me to do as well though Zelda has done it for me. Other than that I've gotten into racing games because I play in small increments as I like. It has to do with stress and time management. I just don't have enough time and energy to get into many long form games.

I've kind of hit that wall too. My job has gotten more and more busy over the years and at this point I just don't have time to play games the amount of time necessary to play more complex games. I'm lucky to get 30 to 45 minutes a night to do anything other than cook dinner and get ready for the next day. And, when I do get into a game I end up losing track of time and staying up till 1:00 a.m. which makes the next day a work difficult at best. Besides, I just can't play something like an RPG or a live service game if you only have short amounts of time to play. It just ruins the immersion for me and I feel like I'm not making any progress.

I've kind of hit that wall too. My job has gotten more and more busy over the years and at this point I just don't have time to play games the amount of time necessary to play more complex games. I'm lucky to get 30 to 45 minutes a night to do anything other than cook dinner and get ready for the next day. And, when I do get into a game I end up losing track of time and staying up till 1:00 a.m. which makes the next day a work difficult at best. Besides, I just can't play something like an RPG or a live service game if you only have short amounts of time to play. It just ruins the immersion for me and I feel like I'm not making any progress.
💯 understand where y’all are coming from, I’m very lucky that I’m fully retired and have no stress in my life. Everything is paid off. I’m just old, half blind and less patient with complex games these days. Just an old sky screamer I guess. 😊

When I do sit down and enjoy one it’s not uncommon for me to play for 20 hours straight. Truly. Just finding less games that hold my attention and Elden Ring spoiled me, I’m almost 500 hours into that one. Best game I’ve ever played.

My closest friend comes over every Thursday and we game….we are jonesing for the Elden DLC badly.

TOTK is a bit overwhelming. At the end of a long day it can be a bit intimidating
I felt the same way playing, especially watching all the insane fusions people came up with on Youtube. I learned to just keep it simple. Also only going in the Depths when I had to. But yea there is an unbelieveable amount of content packed into the game.

💯 understand where y’all are coming from, I’m very lucky that I’m fully retired and have no stress in my life. Everything is paid off. I’m just old, half blind and less patient with complex games these days. Just an old sky screamer I guess. 😊

When I do sit down and enjoy one it’s not uncommon for me to play for 20 hours straight. Truly. Just finding less games that hold my attention and Elden Ring spoiled me, I’m almost 500 hours into that one. Best game I’ve ever played.

My closest friend comes over every Thursday and we game….we are jonesing for the Elden DLC badly.

You're 46, retired, stress free, and have zero debt? Congratulations. I dream of being you one day, but I don't think it's ever going to happen.

You're 46, retired, stress free, and have zero debt? Congratulations. I dream of being you one day, but I don't think it's ever going to happen.
Yes sir, retired at 40. Thankful and blessed. I hope you are able to get there too....I sure had my share of struggles along the way.

*full disclosure I have a couple grand CC debt at most times...that's negligible tho...meaningful debt I do not have. The homes and land are paid off. Had a little help from my father as well. It's an amazing feeling to have zero financial stress and I wish it for everyone.

I finally finished TOTK main story last week. Keep plugging away at it. I really enjoyed the last 10 hours. Make sure you get all the tears before you finish it for the full ending.

I finally finished TOTK main story last week. Keep plugging away at it. I really enjoyed the last 10 hours. Make sure you get all the tears before you finish it for the full ending.
I'm ready to go after it. But I like to run around finishing all the side quests and getting armor and such before committing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom