N/P: Rudy Gobert suggests betting influences officiating (1 Viewer)

41 mil a year, I bet that 100k was real painful

i know we like to be cynical, ( myself included )

but dont lose sight of the fact that a player was fined, not by his team, but the organization his team is a member of for speaking his opinion on the lack of consistency among officials that are employed by the organization. Same orgnaization that receives revenue from betting sites for advertisement of services. Mad revenue.

Its a "shut up or pay a fine" - and the next one will be $500,000. After that, continue and suspension etc.

The sports leagues get to control the narrative and tell its players to just shut up and play.

i know we like to be cynical, ( myself included )

but dont lose sight of the fact that a player was fined, not by his team, but the organization his team is a member of for speaking his opinion on the lack of consistency among officials that are employed by the organization. Same orgnaization that receives revenue from betting sites for advertisement of services. Mad revenue.

Its a "shut up or pay a fine" - and the next one will be $500,000. After that, continue and suspension etc.

The sports leagues get to control the narrative and tell its players to just shut up and play.
The leagues also need to have some accountability for the refs as well as stop making it so difficult to officiate games

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom