My paranoia induced Sunday scenario (2 Viewers)

Nolan

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I have this sinking feeling that Sunday we're going to be in this situation (and it's actually realistic):

Beat the Lakers and lock into the 6th spot.

OR

Lose to the Lakers and then have to turn around and play them again in the 7 vs 8 play-in game.

Given how we've performed in games trailing going into the 4th, along with just our inability to close in tight games, it's a scary thought. But at some point this team is going to have to grow up.

Should be an interesting finish to the regular season nonetheless.

I have this sinking feeling that Sunday we're going to be in this situation (and it's actually realistic):

OR

Lose to the Lakers and then have to turn around and play them again in the 7 vs 8 play-in game.

Given how we've performed in games trailing going into the 4th, along with just our inability to close in tight games, it's a scary thought. But at some point this team is going to have to grow up.

Their inability to fight back at the end of losing games is why I don't have much hope for this season turning into anything exciting. They have the capability of beating people outright. But they cannot 'steal' a game...ever.

OR

Hopefully Golden State wins tonight. It would pretty much eliminate any chance of the Lakers getting the 6th seed and I think they would prefer to rest Lebron in the last game if it doesn't mean anything to them. Of course if we don't beat the Blazers and Kings we won't really have anything to play for in that last game either

Think I was wrong about the Lakers resting players.
The 7th and 8th seed can get out of the tournament by winning one game. The loser of that game and the 9th and 10th seed have to play 2 games to move on.

If we beat Sacramento, both LAL and GSW will be able to potentially move into the 8th seed so they will be coming with everything they have

The only one that I have bad feeling about this having to play the Lakers, for some reason this is a monkey we can’t get off our backs. Just like we have the Clippers number the Lakers have ours.

Last edited:
Their inability to fight back at the end of losing games is why I don't have much hope for this season turning into anything exciting. They have the capability of beating people outright. But they cannot 'steal' a game...ever.

Willie has a couple of fatal flaws:

Failure to keep going back to things when they are working.

Failure to change a gameplan when it's not working.

If whatever plan he came into the game with isn't working, well, there is no Plan B.

This is looking like a very real scenario and I do not like it! If we win the next 2 and PHX loses tomorrow night, we're good going into the Lakers game.

But you know it's going to going to be must win on Sunday.

This is looking like a very real scenario and I do not like it! If we win the next 2 and PHX loses tomorrow night, we're good going into the Lakers game.

But you know it's going to going to be must win on Sunday.
Golden State has Portland, us, and Utah remaining and the LAL have Memphis and us remaining. Doubtful we get any help that would make them rest players against us.

Phoenix has Sacramento and Minnesota...hopefully Minnesota will still have something to play for in that last game.

What it comes down to is that we will need to win at least 2 of the next 3 to have a good chance at the 6th seed.

For what it's worth, Naji is listed as a game time decision which means he will probably play. ESPN is estimating that BI will be back tomorrow

Win the last 3, we're the 6th seed. That should be the only thought running through our players' minds. If they win 2 of 3, we need Phoenix to drop one to either Sac or Minn, both on the road.

The 6th seed is literally there for the taking. If they drop into the play-in, I'll start looking forward to next year.

Last edited:
Willie has a couple of fatal flaws:

Failure to keep going back to things when they are working.

Failure to change a gameplan when it's not working.

If whatever plan he came into the game with isn't working, well, there is no Plan B.
The wild thing is those who cover the Pelicans will not acknowledge this, and will blame the players.

And here we go. #Feelsbadman

This is going to be a great day of NBA basketball, biggest regular season day I can remember -- almost everybody can move up or down, only three playoff/play-in teams locked into their spots.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom