More on Saints 1st round pick (#14) OT - Taliese Fuaga (1 Viewer)

I think most of us fans are accustomed to the BPA approach - with most needs being filled before the draft in FA- that selecting for a position of weakness ( which the OL was and still is) is automatically a reach or not a wise decision.

I think five years from now we will see the stars aligned for us in the best possible way last night.

Also, every “boring” pick in the 1st round in my lifetime has always proven to be a cornerstone of future success

Welcome to the next “Big Coconut!l

Not necessarily, I think most fans on this board are saavy enough to realize that sometimes BPA and needs align.....sometimes.....certainly not always....

Not necessarily, I think most fans on this board are saavy enough to realize that sometimes BPA and needs align.....sometimes.....certainly not always....
We have needs at almost every position, whether it’s starting spots or depth, so they should align often for us in this draft. QB and CB are probably smallest needs, but that also depends on if they’re seriously considering trading Lattimore, and how they really feel about Haener.

Fuaga Profile- TheHuddleReport

I want to believe most, think it's a bit less than that

I think it worked out perfectly for the Saints. We got a versatile O lineman who I think blew the Saints away at the Senior Bowl….they saw enough to know he was legit good.

Given what we have under contract right now I think this was the best pick for the team. Hopefully this lights a fire under Penning's arse.

I saw some belly aching on Twitter yesterday, upset we passed on an edge rusher.

(This board has always been the most knowledgeable- and probably the best looking- of all the saints fans so we get a pass 😉)

We have needs at almost every position, whether it’s starting spots or depth, so they should align often for us in this draft. QB and CB are probably smallest needs, but that also depends on if they’re seriously considering trading Lattimore, and how they really feel about Haener.

Fuaga Profile- TheHuddleReport

Respectfully disagree, we have needs at a few positions, the rest I would call "wants"....Needs are immediate concerns....like it or not QB and WR are not needs, neither is CB, LB IMO.....QB will likely become more of a need in the next few years or if Carr totally flames out (I hope that he doesn't).....I'm not counting on Haener ever being our long term starter, at least at this point....

I hope the Latt trade garbage dies down because he is still one of the best cover corners out there....

Respectfully disagree, we have needs at a few positions, the rest I would call "wants"....Needs are immediate concerns....like it or not QB and WR are not needs, neither is CB, LB IMO.....QB will likely become more of a need in the next few years or if Carr totally flames out (I hope that he doesn't).....I'm not counting on Haener ever being our long term starter, at least at this point....

I hope the Latt trade garbage dies down because he is still one of the best cover corners out there....

I think it depends on how you define needs. We don't have anymore musts, but I do think DT, contested catch/YAC pass catcher, pass rusher, S, and maybe LB are needs in the sense of we need an upgrade or we need depth for the future to keep building a good team.

I think it depends on how you define needs. We don't have anymore musts, but I do think DT, contested catch/YAC pass catcher, pass rusher, S, and maybe LB are needs in the sense of we need an upgrade or we need depth for the future to keep building a good team.

It's a fair question, but I equate needs more like musts (ie: immediate), and wants more like you describe needs....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom