Michael Pratt (Tulane) 2024 Draft Profile (1 Viewer)

Swampy Saint

Super Forum Fanatic
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

We'll get to see him in the Senior Bowl.

I'm a huge fan.

We'll get to see him in the Senior Bowl.

I'm a huge fan.
I would consider him in the fourth round, then again I might actually consider that injured Florida State quarterback.

But first you got to address the online and defensive line.

If Florida State pass rusher drops to Saints , strongly consider taking him. Otherwise grab one of those tackles after the Notre Dame guy is picked.

2nd pick , if no viable offensive line or defensive line guy is available, might want to think about grabbing a linebacker as a possible Davis replacement.

I just don't see it with Pratt. I think he was a good college QB but I didn't see where he was special at anything. Seems like the kind of guy teams take a flyer on in rounds 3 through 7 and hope he can develop things that he was missing in college. More likely 4th, but all it takes is one team to like his leadership, arms, etc. and he could move up to the 3rd.

If we are looking for a developmental QB, assuming that we aren't going to move up for one in the first, I'd take Travis in the second and give him a year to heal his leg while learning behind Carr. Then he can challenge Carr for the job in 2025 (assuming Carr is still here.)

I just don't see it with Pratt. I think he was a good college QB but I didn't see where he was special at anything. Seems like the kind of guy teams take a flyer on in rounds 3 through 7 and hope he can develop things that he was missing in college. More likely 4th, but all it takes is one team to like his leadership, arms, etc. and he could move up to the 3rd.

If we are looking for a developmental QB, assuming that we aren't going to move up for one in the first, I'd take Travis in the second and give him a year to heal his leg while learning behind Carr. Then he can challenge Carr for the job in 2025 (assuming Carr is still here.)
yeah, I meant to throw in that he would be a late-round guy.

I could be wrong, but I believe he's referring to the whole Tyjae Spears deal last year.
Or he could be a Green Wave hater.

There are those on this forum who can't deal with it when people talk about the Saints drafting Tulane, LSU, ULL, La Tech, etc. players and get all huffy about it any time it is mentioned. It happens with Tulane players, but I think it's actually worse if you mention an LSU player might be a good fit. Likely to large numbers of Alabama, Ole Miss, Miss State, etc. fans also being Saints fans.

The exception, and only to some extent, is someone like Burrow. And even with Burrow some could not deal with people saying the Saints should draft him.

I could be wrong, but I believe he's referring to the whole Tyjae Spears deal last year.
Or he could be a Green Wave hater.

I am a Tulane fan and was a Tyjae Truther and really, really wanted him over Kendre Miller (still do).

But I don't feel nearly the same way about Pratt. If he's there in the 5th or 6th round I would grab him. I think he has some upside - reminds me of Sam Howell a little bit. He played hurt for the entire year so I think his stock is probably a little lower than it should be, but I wouldn't go out of my way to draft him.

I am a Tulane fan and was a Tyjae Truther and really, really wanted him over Kendre Miller (still do).

But I don't feel nearly the same way about Pratt. If he's there in the 5th or 6th round I would grab him. I think he has some upside - reminds me of Sam Howell a little bit. He played hurt for the entire year so I think his stock is probably a little lower than it should be, but I wouldn't go out of my way to draft him.
I think he has serious NFL potential and doubt he makes it to 5th or 6th round BUT I also don’t see how he has a realistic path to this roster. I guess if Jameis is gone and all we have is Carr and Haener then maybe not a bad idea to pick him up late in the draft. Otherwise I hope he can go somewhere (preferably an AFC team) where he can excel.

Different situation than Tyjae, where we desperately needed a running back, and took Miller only a few spots before Spears for whatever reason and whiffed pretty hard. Pratt would be cool don’t see it happening unless they can get him late.

Having Slade Nagle as OC really didn't help Pratt IMO.
Having to deal with the death of his brother last August probably didn't help either.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom