Meta Quest 3 VR headset (1 Viewer)

Zztop

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
seems like a big improvement compared to the Quest 2 (albeit more expensive).

Also, in the near future you'll be able to access xbox cloud games

It looks like an improvement in many areas, but some of these seem mostly incremental (RAM goes from 6 to 8 GB, games will still need to function on the Quest 2). The real drawback remains 2 hour battery life for most games. That and there is no way in hell that my wife is going to let me buy another VR headset, haha.

It looks like an improvement in many areas, but some of these seem mostly incremental (RAM goes from 6 to 8 GB, games will still need to function on the Quest 2). The real drawback remains 2 hour battery life for most games. That and there is no way in hell that my wife is going to let me buy another VR headset, haha.
usually for hardware purchases, I skip at least every other generation, so the upgrades feel more substantial. In my case, I skipped the quest 2. The quest 3 is really close to checking all my boxes, I just wish they included eye tracked foveated rendering. Battery life is basically the same, but the processing power is much greater compared to the q2. Alternatively, you can get a 'pro' headstrap with additional battery pack.
seems like the quest 3 won't have exclusives until next year at the earliest

I'm considering getting one. Did anyone get it?

I need an honest review if it's worth it

I’m also considering VR. I have a PS5 but I don’t have a good PC (only MacBooks)

We got one (Quest 3) for my son for Christmas. Its been very entertaining the few time we played it. The biggest downside is the battery life.

We have only downloaded a few games. The NFL game is pretty fun. You are the qb and get a decent feel for what it's like.

The merged reality is not trhe best graphics but still pretty cool.

I'm considering getting one. Did anyone get it?

I need an honest review if it's worth it

I got one b/c I didn't have a quest 2. But I have experience using a quest 2.
So, it is improved upon, but not a revolutionary improvement.
I'd say if you have a quest 2, it isn't huge enough leap to upgrade.

The graphics are improved in the quest 3, and the lenses are a little better. It still weighs about the same, the battery life is so-so (for me not a problem since I play less than 1 hour at a time). You can adjust the space of the lenses via a dial on the bottom, and also how far away your eyes are to the lenses - it took me about a week small tweaks and adjustments, before I could get the headset to fit in a comfortable position.

At first all the weight was pressing down on my cheekbones, which was uncomfortable after some time. Eventually I got it adjusted to where the weight felt more distributed around my entire face. I've read if you get the pro/elite strap with the expanded battery pack add-on, it acts like a counterweight and is more comfortable.

This might not bother some, but the viewing-space/area makes you feel like you are looking through a porthole. Theres a vignette on the outer edges of your vision. To me it kind of takes me out of the experience of being there, but I think this vignette is to help with motion sickness. Some experience this uneasy feeling, almost get nauseated. Personally it didn't bother me too much, but it all depends on the person.

All in all, it is a good step forward vs the quest 2, but I would not say a monumental leap.

I’m also considering VR. I have a PS5 but I don’t have a good PC (only MacBooks)

Sony has a VR headset, it connects to the ps5 via a cable (so it isn't wireless).
Wires can kind of be a love/hate thing. Some aren't bothered by it, some are. When you are moving around, that cable could potentially get tangled up... but in the case of the Sony headset, the ps5 does the brunt of the work, so it is necessary to have that cable. I'd say due to the horsepower of the ps5, it will have superior graphics (the quest vr headsets use snapdragon SOCs which you find in android smartphones - this can't really compete in raw performance of a ps5 - it is more akin to a ps3 in graphics)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom