Marvel getting desperate (1 Viewer)

You know times are rough when you've been nominated for a Razzie...

The Razzies are one year too late. Quantamania wasn't great, but it was nowhere near as bad as Love and Thunder. That should have been the first Marvel film Razzie nomination - and award.

I haven't seen "Diana: The Musical" nor am I going to, but I don't count a stage play being filmed as a "movie" anyway. Love and Thunder should have been nominated and should have won in 2022.

The Razzies are one year too late. Quantamania wasn't great, but it was nowhere near as bad as Love and Thunder. That should have been the first Marvel film Razzie nomination - and award.

I haven't seen "Diana: The Musical" nor am I going to, but I don't count a stage play being filmed as a "movie" anyway. Love and Thunder should have been nominated and should have won in 2022.
i actually thought ant man was way worse than love and thunder.

Well, he hasn't exactly endeared himself to fans by not finishing the books he'd said he'd write.

As for toxicity, sure it's been getting worse, but, it's been bad for a while now. That's not really some new thing.
I disagree
4chan is probably the catalyst, but clearly there is some mix of monetizing and weaponizing ‘fan’ hate
Just to make up % let’s say 33% love, 33% are meh and 33% hate a thing
Before the 4channing the meh fans wouldn’t engage
But now it seems the middle is being squeezed
The love section might pick up a few more (5%?), it we al know it’s easier to ***** about something than to silver lining so this who want to wet off quick takes will gravitate to ‘hate’ (10-15%)

So I do think we have to read through more toxicity than we did before
However, I don’t think it effects content creators too too much bc they know there’s not much substantive to the hate - it’s hate for its own sake- ie it’s not like creators could appease the haters (they don’t want to enjoy story, they just want to hate), so they realize there’s no point in chasing ghosts
(I think)

I DONE been saying this

No, he hasn't endeared himself to anyone never finishing "Song of Ice and Fire" -especially with the horrid HBO ending serving as the de facto ending of the story - but he's correct. Social media sites have ramped up what has always been human nature: schadenfreude and self-righteousness (and they do it purposefully to get people to stay longer on their sites, which generates more money to the social media sites).

But these reactions aren't anything new. An MRI study done several years ago revealed that people's most positive emotional response wasn't to good news about something or someone they support, but in fact was hearing that something bad happened to something or someone they did not like.

Social media has taken that tribal instinct and put a magnifying glass to it because:
a) disputes and events that used to happen and be quickly forgotten are now posted on sites that expose them world wide, and
b) people don't feel the awkwardness of saying things in person to people's faces and so say truly horrible things because they don't feel the automatic negative feedback of speaking inappropriately that one feels when doing so in person.

It's a sad state of affairs. People really aren't any meaner than they used to be (humans have always been cruel); it's just that people have been given carte blanche to act on their basest instincts whereas they did not have that outlet so readily available to them before.
865ec619fbc6f33c9366f9e01eedacd1.jpg

Last edited:

‘The Fantastic Four’: Julia Garner Joins Marvel Studios Movie As A Shalla-Bal Version Of Silver Surfer​

Sounds like they are maybe doing a plot-swap where Shalla-Bal becomes the surfer instead of her husband, Norrin Rad. Just... why..........?
To anger nerds who thing sticking strictly to the text is the most important thing a movie can do

To anger nerds who thing sticking strictly to the text is the most important thing a movie can do
But why? They already established Norrin Rad as the Surfer. I have nothing against women taking male roles in a normal progression but it just seems like they are doing it just for the discussion it will generate, not to make the story better.

But why? They already established Norrin Rad as the Surfer. I have nothing against women taking male roles in a normal progression but it just seems like they are doing it just for the discussion it will generate, not to make the story better.
i dunno. she's a really good actress. Maybe they wanted to get her involved in the movie. Maybe there was something they could do more interesting with that character. we'll have to wait and see.

I have yet to see a good answer to the question of "why" regarding this Surfer swap.

But to be fair, she did apparently become "a" Surfer for an issue in an alternate reality and then was promptly killed off. Additionally, her 5 appearances dwarf Norrin Rad's 744 appearances, so she is the obvious choice for the movie. /s

If we get Ozark version SS, I'm in LOL... (nsfw)

i dunno. she's a really good actress. Maybe they wanted to get her involved in the movie. Maybe there was something they could do more interesting with that character. we'll have to wait and see.

Dangit, it's too bad there isn't a strong Surfer-esque female role that she could have played, now or in a sequel!

Oh, wait...

1712182300731.png

1712182351084.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom