Looking at Rookie MiniCamp Highlights (1 Viewer)

Sheets got some PS potential. Good frame to maybe grow into a move TE.

Trying not to read to far into the don’t read to far into it crowd. If he’s going to play RT and you know that’s going to be his spot, you’d absolutely have him taking reps, during installs at RT so he can get used to the footwork.

Him taking snaps at LT doesn’t 100% say he’ll play it, but it bub means something. Especially if he takes snaps exclusively there the entire camp.

Trying not to read to far into the don’t read to far into it crowd. If he’s going to play RT and you know that’s going to be his spot, you’d absolutely have him taking reps, during installs at RT so he can get used to the footwork.
That may be how you would do it, but Allen has said multiple times over the past 2 seasons that they cross train all of the players as much as they can, including the offensive lineman.

The last thing you want to do with Penning is confuse him by working him at 2 spots when he hasn't got 1 down yet...

I don't believe we know what he's been working on during the offseason. The only reports so far was that he went to that O-line Academy and did well.

I listed to ML yesterday talking about Fuaga being able to play both sides and that they like guys who are flexible. The response was in a direct question about if Fuaga would play LT. He mentioned about position flexibility, said they still love Penning and that he wouldn't say where guys were playing yet.

With that information, I would say anything is possible at this point.

Uh, well I'm guessing he's pretty used to the footwork on the right side 😂

Well we already gave Cam Wire the boot, so looks like more reps for Fuaga this weekend on both sides.

Also gave Jakeem Grant and Cole Beck the boot. I've never heard of someone getting the boot in the middle of mini camp before. But then again, this is the first time I remember the Saints even posting the roster themselves. Wonder if the guys got hurt, misbehaved, just performed that badly, or something else.

Like Ive been saying, this whole Penning at LT thing is now 3 years in, they should absolutely look at their rookie T in that spot because he may be a solution.

All options should be on the table

Play him where you need him, if teams were worried about playing guys where they were comfortable there would be no such things as a draft. Guys would choose where they play and pick their position too.

Well we already gave Cam Wire the boot, so looks like more reps for Fuaga this weekend on both sides.

Also gave Jakeem Grant and Cole Beck the boot. I've never heard of someone getting the boot in the middle of mini camp before. But then again, this is the first time I remember the Saints even posting the roster themselves. Wonder if the guys got hurt, misbehaved, just performed that badly, or something else.

Grant is a veteran, so he is only allowed to be there on a tryout basis.

Never heard of Beck.

Grant is a veteran, so he is only allowed to be there on a tryout basis.

Never heard of Beck.
But they didn't even stick around for the tryout. Just one day of the tryout. Very odd.

Other vets are still around like Kellen Mond, Kendal Vickers, Rod Teamer, and Mac McCain.

Beck is a track star from Virginia Tech who barely played in college.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom