Lawn Care (1 Viewer)

When I got my dirt for my house, they brought me a heavy sand mixture for a 4' slope... I have hell keeping the grass growing in the summer. Dries out so bad...
Ok what grass are you trying to grow?

What ever it is cut it tall. You lack nutrients and it drains excellent. So you need to counteract it.

Now is the time to get it healthy so it will survive the summer.

I would milo the crap out of it. Then spoon feed it all year except for winter. By spoon feed I am saying about quarter the strength or less of what you put down first every 6 weeks or so. Mulch your clippings do not bag. You need all the organic matter you can get.

milorganite is it's full name. It is totally organic fert and won't burn anything and is cheap. Use it to put the nutrition in your sand does not have.

Look into Hydretain it will allow your turf to hold more water. It is also pretty cheap.

Hey here is an idea. Why do you not just burn it in that area.

If you get a torch for a propane tank like you put a torch down roof on would knock the crap out of it.

I use to have an old brick area at my old place and would burn the weeds between the bricks. The great thing about it is it would get hot enough to make seeds not germinate. Only had to do it once or twice a year. Would just strap the tank to a hand truck wheel around and burn shirt

It was kinda fun and not salting the Earth.

I use one of these to light my grills. It's like having a flame thrower for your big green egg and it does a great job patching asphalt or killing weeds. The only problem is carrying the damn bottle around.

i cut down my tree and cleared out my garden of ugly flowers.

did you know? those forkers grow back????!! jesus. wtf.

I use one of these to light my grills. It's like having a flame thrower for your big green egg and it does a great job patching asphalt or killing weeds. The only problem is carrying the damn bottle around.

That is why I strap it to a hand truck.

• 1Like
Reactions: dtc
i've had this lame arse no-gas rotary mower for a few years. it sucks arse.

today, i sharpened the blades to give it a go again.

what a forking piece of sheet and waste of time.

you old people, i.e. @guidomerkinsrules @saintmdterps , i know you can use them, but my honda 4 stroke rapes it.

you old people, i.e. @guidomerkinsrules @saintmdterps , i know you can use them, but my honda 4 stroke rapes it.
🦘

You're not pushing fast enough, you sod. :ezbill:

I had one and it worked fine on our smaller property in the city. Just don't let the grass get away from you, it did not do well in high grass.

I had one and it worked fine on our smaller property in the city. Just don't let the grass get away from you, it did not do well in high grass.
hah @ old man. knew it.

hah @ old man. knew it.
See, you let the grass get away and then you need a bush hog

We live in the county now, and no damn way I was using the rotary on the entire lot. I do use it in the tight areas around the pool.

Edit: I have a Honda as well :hihi:

I had one for my 1/3rd acre place in n texas
I was able to mow it bc I wasn’t a little *****

I had one for my 1/3rd acre place in n texas
I was able to mow it bc I wasn’t a little *****
He won't do it because he can't mow with one hand and hold his drink in the other.

Our property now is just under an acre and I ain't spending that much time with the rotary, drink in hand or not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom