Kool Aid grandiloquent draft profile interpreted (1 Viewer)

st dude

The dotless one
Super Moderator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
“Grandiloquence is a lofty, high-flown style of talking that has a lot of fluff but may lack substance. It’s too grand to be eloquent, so grandiloquence is usually annoying.

Grandiloquence comes from the Latin word grandis for, yes, “grand” and loquifor “speak.”Grandiloquence is also related to loquacious (talkative), soliloquy (a solo speech), and other words about talk. Grandiloquence is a type of talk that is pompous and bombastic, full of pretty-sounding words and elegant turns of phrase that add up to nothing”.

You have to love the English language. Despite speaking it every day since I turned two, I remain amazed at how many new words I learn, almost daily. There are 171,476 English words in the Oxford dictionary, not counting the over 45,000 obsolete words. The average vocabulary of an English speaker is about 20,000 words. That means there are only about 150,000 words we don’t know. Grandiloquence is one I never heard of until just now.

I was trying to find a good draft profile on Kool Aid to read and came upon this ridiculous piece that’s almost comical in its use, or misuse , of word nonsense. I was looking for a better word to describe the “flowery language” the author uses and came upon “grandiloquence”. This is what makes having so many words available to us so cool. Words have meanings in and of themselves, they are just sounds to convey thoughts. I think everyone that grandiloquence, as defined above, is the pitch perfect word to describe the author of this Kool Aid profile, so much more descriptive than “flowery”.

Here is the article, spilling over with grandiloquent jabberwocky, with my attempt to translate:

McKinstry’s Scouting Report​

Strengths​

• Has a lean, well-sized frame with solid proportional length.
  • Easy accelerator who has an effortless explosiveness to his game.
  • Active pre-snap and zone communicator who functions as a glue piece in the secondary.
  • Fleet-footed, elastic mover whose rapid play pace allows him to maintain positioning.
  • Fluid mover who can effortlessly hinge around to recover leverage and carry receivers.
  • Has the explosive capacity to throttle up on demand and elongate his strides.
  • Smooth operator with patience and discipline, who uses feet first ahead of precise jams.
  • Makes exhaustive use of the five-yard contact window with biting strikes and punches.
  • Technical savant with efficient footwork who can use inch resets to keep hip leverage.
  • Minimalistic feel for spacing in man coverage often leaves WRs starving for open air.
  • Flashes elite processing ability, reacting instantly to stems and breaks in off-man.
  • Has the zone IQ and throttle control to monitor over-lapping routes in side-saddle.
  • Has impressive eye discipline in zone but can also key in on WR hips to time breaks.
  • Instinctive playmaker with swarming ball skills who forces WR to work for passes.
  • Savvy run defender with exceptional play recognition, spatial IQ, and tackling ability.

Weaknesses​

• Long speed, while good, visibly falls below the elite mark.
  • More explosive receivers can sometimes get a step on him launching off releases.
  • Doesn’t always have the recovery speed to erase vertical separation on the sideline.
  • Experiences slight stiffness at times when attempting to decelerate and hinge around.
  • At times lacks elite sink and swivel freedom overtop comeback routes in side-saddle.
  • Occasionally drifts too high when adjusting hip leverage in off-man coverage.
  • Can sometimes be over-zealous with physicality at stems, resorting to grabs.
  • Still finding the proper balance of ball tracking and speed maintenance at the point.
  • May be confined to a boundary role primarily, without seamless slot versatility.

The first strength bullet point says Kool Aid has solid proportional length. I guess that means he looks strong, I hope it’s not about his junk.

Then we learn that he is an easy accelerator who can explode with no effort. That checks the good to know box, I guess.

Importantly, Kool Aid is evidently a master zone communicator who functions as glue. Is he just calling him a smart player you can rely on? Who knows?

The next two bullet points let on that Kool Aid is an elastic and fluid mover who can hinge around to recover leverage and carry receivers. I guess he is trying to say Kool Aid is limber, I have no fricking idea how to hinge or carry leverage.

Kool Aid is a smooth operator who uses feet first ahead of precise jams. I would hope so, but how is he with imprecise jams?

Here is one of my favorites. He uses the 5 yd contact window exhaustively with biting strikes and punches. Is that a Mike Tyson biting and punching thing? Are punches and strikes even legal in football?

How about this one? Kool Aid is a technical savant who uses inch resets to keep hip leverage. I might see if inch resets will help my golf swing.

A big plus is that Kool Aid has a minimalistic feel with spacing he uses to keep receivers from breathing. I wonder what makes it minimalistic. Someone tackle this writer and steal his thesaurus, please.

The next bullet point observers that Kool Aid reacts fast to stems and breaks in off-man. Got me on that one, your translation is as good as mine.

A big plus is how Kool Aid uses his throttle while in side saddle. I thought only women road side saddle, learn something new everyday.

There’s a lot of concerning stuff, sorry to say, on the weakness side of the equation. Kool Aid may have good long speed, but it visibly falls. He’s poor at erasing vertical separation. He’s stiff when hinging around. He’s not very good at sink and swivel. That one worries me most, I think. He is evidently a high drifter who likes to grab. I think most drifters are grabbers too, maybe they can coach him up on that.

And the most concerning weakness? Kool Aid lacks seamless slot versatility. Oh the humanity. Why even draft a guy without seamless slot skills?

I think the dictionary definition of grandiloquence should link to this article. It reads lore like a pretentious wine review than a profile. Precise jams? Inch resets? Minimalistic feel? Lack of elite sink and swivel freedom? What the everlasting frick?

And for the irony fans on saints report, I can only hope my post about the grandiloquent writer did not come off as overly grandiloquent.

:)

Last edited:
“Here is one of my favorites. He uses the 5 yd contact window exhaustively with biting strikes and punches. Is that a Mike Tyson biting and punching thing? Are punches and strikes even legal in football?“

Bwahahaha 🤣👍🦻🦈

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom