JOSIAH EZIRIM (2 Viewers)

I think these guys - whether it's Mrs. Benson, or new management under DA, or whether Mr. Loomis has finally gotten his act together - or whatever - they've finally gotten their acts together.

This was the most superb draft I've seen in years.

Just watched what I could from his game vs Kentucky this year. His play is really good for a 7th rounder. I was expecting to see someone fighting for their life, but he really was stonewalling rushers. This is great value.

His biggest issue is that he looks pretty slow against the speed rush. Like stuck in mud. Mostly it looks like he might just be about 25 pounds too heavy for his athleticism to keep up with. He will need to get that to a serviceable level if he ever wants to see the field, but other than that he was really good against Kentucky.

Seeing now that he's a converted DT and that makes sense based on his weight and lack of technique against the speed rush. But you can't move this guy. He reminds me of Landon Turner who we drafted a few years ago who was also a really good blocker but struggled with speed issues. Hopefully things work out better for him.

Just watched what I could from his game vs Kentucky this year. His play is really good for a 7th rounder. I was expecting to see someone fighting for their life, but he really was stonewalling rushers. This is great value.

His biggest issue is that he looks pretty slow against the speed rush. Like stuck in mud. Mostly it looks like he might just be about 25 pounds too heavy for his athleticism to keep up with. He will need to get that to a serviceable level if he ever wants to see the field, but other than that he was really good against Kentucky.

Seeing now that he's a converted DT and that makes sense based on his weight and lack of technique against the speed rush. But you can't move this guy. He reminds me of Landon Turner who we drafted a few years ago who was also a really good blocker but struggled with speed issues. Hopefully things work out better for him.
He may be a candidate to move to OG

Love the pick. I said this yesterday in the zone blocking offensive line thread:

Josiah Ezirim is a very intriguing prospect, I don't think he goes undrafted. His high zone grade comes from his prototypical size paired with surprising quickness, nimbleness, and athleticism. He's VERY raw. Played at a small school against inferior competition, and lacks proper technique. He started out as a Defensive lineman, but switched to Oline 2 years ago and has played very well, despite poor technique. He is the kinda prospect that could get drafted late or signed as a UDFA and after a few years of development could turn into a phenomenal starter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom