Jonas Valanciunas (1 Viewer)

Dago

Veteran
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He is sitting at 7,983 rebounds for his career. Hopefully he breaks 8,000 in the next 3 games so he can do it in front of the home crowd to make sure it gets proper recognition

I hope we can find a way to re-sign him in the offseason. We couldn't meet his demands when we tried to extend him before the season started.

The problem is that we will have problems finding an upgrade for him, barring finding a way to sign someone unlikely to be available, like Jared Allen.

I think he is going to be the best we can do so make it happen Loo ... uh, Griff!

BTW, I've resigned myself to the fact that Mrs. Benson is going to have to OK playing over the luxury tax or this well-made team is going to be broken up way too soon.

Last edited:
I hope we can find a way to re-sign him in the offseason. We couldn't meet his demands when we tried to extend him before the season started.

The problem is that we will have problems finding an upgrade for him, barring finding a way to sign someone unlikely to be available, like Jared Allen.

I think he is going to be the best we can do so make it happen Loo ... uh, Griff!

BTW, I've resigned myself to the fact that Mrs. Benson is going to have to OK playing over the luxury tax or this well-made team is going to be broken up way too soon.
Gayle Benson and Griff have already gone on record saying they are ok going into the luxury tax if the team is worth it

Gayle Benson and Griff have already gone on record saying they are ok going into the luxury tax if the team is worth it
The luxury tax has changed to were it's kind of brutal. Second Apron in particular is sort of nasty.

TBH the more his mins have gone down in certain games... the better we have been... He still has a place on the team for the right price, and given an opponent that has a traditional big for him to matchup with... I'm no JV hater, but I'd like to see us get younger, faster, and more versatile at the 5 and move on from him next season in the starting 5.

TBH the more his mins have gone down in certain games... the better we have been... He still has a place on the team for the right price, and given an opponent that has a traditional big for him to matchup with... I'm no JV hater, but I'd like to see us get younger, faster, and more versatile at the 5 and move on from him next season in the starting 5.
Me too. Who is that younger, faster more versatile 5 - that might actually be available?

I am trying to figure out how to get Naz Reid from the Wolves this offseason...
That would be great (love Naz) but not too likely, I'm afraid. He would make a fantastic addition to the team. But he kinda makes my point.

Guys of his level of play are few and far between and those that exist are going to be very hard to pry away from their team. I don't think anyone better than Jonas is going to reach FA this off-season. In fact JV might a big FA target himself, if we don't get him signed before then.

Our small lineup has been really good, especially when they put Z at the 5. But that lineup doesn't do very well against teams with an excellent big man at the 5. We need to be able to match up with both types of teams.

He is sitting at 7,983 rebounds for his career. Hopefully he breaks 8,000 in the next 3 games so he can do it in front of the home crowd to make sure it gets proper recognition
Would be nice. Would also mean that Willie has to remember his is on the team and let him play for more than 15 minutes a game.

We should have traded him before the deadline this year for anything we could get... His contract expires after this season, and he won't be retained.... Now we lose him for nothing...

We need a modern 5 that can step out and shoot the 3 consistently, can actually rim protect and switch, can actually run, and doesn't have to live in the paint/post/mid-range on offense - because our 2 best players already live there, and he was just getting in the way.

Once Z started handling the ball and driving the paint like he should to create opportunities for others... that spelled doom for JV. Just in the way. Don't fit.

JV was at his most valuable when Z was always hurt and unavailable... He's a non-fit when Z is playing like he is now.

I actually have found myself screaming at my TV more than once at JV. He is a slow, clumsy brute that doesn't always make the smartest moves and Turns the ball over. I have actually favored Nance to him. He has had good ball but it comes in spurts. Not sure what the market commands for him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom