Issues with the Nighthawk (1 Viewer)

GrandAdmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have Nighthawk 6700 dual band that has been giving me fits as of late. For some reason when I attempt to connect to it from the Nighthawk app, it tells me that it can connect to the router, thus forcing me to restart it. When trying to load from my Mac, it doesn't recognize my password and try to make me reset it. There are no firmware updates and even when there is I lose connection from the app, requiring another restart. Of course support isn't a help unless you pay for it.

Anyone else experience this with Nighthawk?

probably won't help much, but maybe do a factory reset. Also if possible see if you can plug into one of the ethernet ports, to bypass the wifi and see if you can get a connection that way

I have Nighthawk 6700 dual band that has been giving me fits as of late. For some reason when I attempt to connect to it from the Nighthawk app, it tells me that it can connect to the router, thus forcing me to restart it. When trying to load from my Mac, it doesn't recognize my password and try to make me reset it. There are no firmware updates and even when there is I lose connection from the app, requiring another restart. Of course support isn't a help unless you pay for it.

Anyone else experience this with Nighthawk?

Yes...I have the Nighthawk R7800, and the app is useless. I've never had any success with it.

Now, I log in through a web browser ( your nighthawk IP) to access it, log in and do what I need (I have xfinity modem, so I log into their app it it displays the local IP's of all my devices and who is using them for what..etc)

I did notice (in the browser) when I disabled my guest network for some reason I lost connection..a bug i'm sure...i just re-enabled it and disabled broadcasting.

I'm about 100% sure they are only pushing out security firmware updates for our models now...no bug fixes or anything.

Majority of their development may be steered towards their AX models.

Should have gotten that mesh system....

Is there a particular brand or model that you recommend? I'm thinking of getting one
Well, I didn't do a full on comparison, but I purchased the TP-Link Deco X55 (AX3000 / WiFi6). It was on sale for $220. Looks like $250 on Amazon now.

I pulled the trigger on Asus - ET8. It is a tri-band mesh and has lots of ethernet ports.

Amazon had a refurbished version of the 2 pack for $350. It is $530 otherwise.
I've had good luck with refurbished stuff.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom