Opinion I think the succession plan almost insures keeping DA in 2023. Chang my mind. (1 Viewer)

liveoakh

Rookie
Reaction score
Will Ms Gayle stand pat w/ DA and let the new owner pick the next GM/Coach? What do you guys think?

Will Ms Gayle stand pat w/ DA and let the new owner pick the next GM/Coach? What do you guys think?
Ms Gayle isn't very hands on. Loomis will make the decision on DA next season. I think we get a new OC but will likely mean a new offence, not much success next year regardless

Very. I am looking forward to seeing where Payton coaches (if he does) because I will definitely start following whatever team that is as a second team. I always was lukewarm on having a second team but why not. I like watching good football and have invested decades into the Saints. Life is short and I just don't see this team being good for awhile. Honestly I don't want to watch bad football anymore this year reminded me of just how much I can't and won't do it again.

It's entertainment and I am so apathetic towards this team . My wife and I are usually just talking about other stuff during games. In the past we were screaming and celebrating getting some emotion going. This year it is going through the motions because we paid for Sunday Ticket. I am just waiting for the season to end so they will stop the 73.00 a month bank withdraw šŸ˜‚

If he doesn't coach I pick a California team being it's my home state. Probably the Chargers. 49ers is a no and the Rams are a no.

Very. I am looking forward to seeing where Payton coaches (if he does) because I will definitely start following whatever team that is as a second team. I always was lukewarm on having a second team but why not. I like watching good football and have invested decades into the Saints. Life is short and I just don't see this team being good for awhile. Honestly I don't want to watch bad football anymore this year reminded me of just how much I can't and won't do it again.

It's entertainment and I am so apathetic towards this team . My wife and I are usually just talking about other stuff during games. In the past we were screaming and celebrating getting some emotion going. This year it is going through the motions because we paid for Sunday Ticket. I am just waiting for the season to end so they will stop the 73.00 a month bank withdraw šŸ˜‚

If he doesn't coach I pick a California team being it's my home state. Probably the Chargers. 49ers is a no and the Rams are a no.
I don't think he'll go to the Chargers. The owner is notoriously cheap. I doubt they'll pay SP what he was making here. Best guess is the Cardinals, unless Payton takes a pay cut to coach the Chargers. That would be a real slap in the face.

Ms Gayle isn't very hands on. Loomis will make the decision on DA next season. I think we get a new OC but will likely mean a new offence, not much success next year regardless
The sad thing is that Payton and Loomis were first in line, trying to ensure Benson's granddaughter would not be in the succession mix because she may threaten them. Now here we are with Payton gone and Benson going passively along with anything Loomis says.

I don't think he'll go to the Chargers. The owner is notoriously cheap. I doubt they'll pay SP what he was making here. Best guess is the Cardinals, unless Payton takes a pay cut to coach the Chargers. That would be a real slap in the face.
Arizona would be a team I could follow. My daughter lives in Pheonix so that's a good a reason as any other. Either team is fine. I like Herbert as a QB and not really sold on Murray but he could be interesting if paired up with Payton.

I just don't see why Coach Payton couldn't come back and resume coaching here and move Allen back to his original duties or send him packing.

I just don't see why Coach Payton couldn't come back and resume coaching here and move Allen back to his original duties or send him packing.
Because he wants nothing to do with N.O. because if he wanted to coach the Saints he would have never even have entertained the idea of not fulfilling his contract.

gayle isn't selling. she's very rich and not that old (75), so i can't believe she's anticipating death within the next few years. is the idea that dennis allen will coach the team indefinitely until gayle dies 10+ years from now so that the new owner isn't hamstrung? if so, seems like a dumb idea.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom