Opinion I still hope we take a QB (1 Viewer)

We got a pretty good B rated QB room...so no to Malik (LIberty ...???..come on)....and Corral seems small......I say draft CB or RB (since AK will prob be suspended a few games if not more...

Sorry, this team isn't winning a Super Bowl without a QB. Jameis hasn't even started a single playoff game and you think he's winning a championship in the next two seasons? The Jameis delusions on this board are absolutely insane.

He gives us a significantly better shot in the next 2 years than any rookie QB from this class.

Amen. Its mafde
Some of you guys are still in denial. The team may have questions about Winston's long term but they seem to want to support his progress and not undercut it. Even his supporters do not think he's earned a real QB contract yet, so why would he sign a long-term deal when the floor for franchise QBs is 30-35 mil. Build around him and let's see if he can live up to his potential. The first QB was picked at 20, so that tells you what the league thinks about the QBs in this draft.
Amen its maddening there isnt and will not be a Qb in this draft as good as Winston.

I hope Saints are able to land a TE. Trautman is good to have a number 2 but he is definitely not a number 1.

The Qbs that are left over especially when N.O drafts are at best going to be career backups.

Nah, we have much greater needs. Frankly I’m happy with how this is going.

In Loomis I Trust..

That is some serious revisionist history. His supporters were calling for $100 million contracts before he signed for what is essentially a 1 year $15.2 million contract.
Yes, I can admit he would have a stronger maker but I don't think you'll find a quote from me calling for that kind of money coming off an injury. Also, it's guaranteed 21, with a max of 28. :p

I can see us taking Ridder if he is there at 49. Don't want to but I wouldn't be surprised and prob not super mad. I like him at 49, he is just not a need for the next 2 year window.

Taking a QB at #49 would be a "wasted" pick IMO because he won't be bumping Winston this year or next for that matter and with all the assets we moved to make our day #1 magical, I just can't see Loomis throwing away the only solid pick we have left on a QB.

This will be our new coach's pick and there's no doubt in my mind we're going defence in the 2nd round.

That is some serious revisionist history. His supporters were calling for $100 million contracts before he signed for what is essentially a 1 year $15.2 million contract.
I never said that.

Sorry, this team isn't winning a Super Bowl without a QB. Jameis hasn't even started a single playoff game and you think he's winning a championship in the next two seasons? The Jameis delusions on this board are absolutely insane.

And the rookie QBs in this draft have started a playoff game?

If the team really thought Winston would be a long time solution as QB1 he would’ve got more than a 2 year contract. Also if they thought Winston was the man there’s no way they would’ve offered so much for Watson.

If they were convinced he wasn't the long term solution, they would have drafted Pickett at #19.

I don't think the Saints or anyone on this board are convinced that he's the long term solution at QB. But, I think most fans here want to give him a legit shot to be the long term solution because he does have a lot of talent. If he doesn't do it then we move on. No big deal. And, I think it's clear from the first round of the draft that the Saints think that Winston is better than any of the QBs in this draft not just for this year but forever. If they didn't, they would have taken one of them at #19. If they take one at #49 it's because they see them as a lottery ticket.

And Watson is a top 5 generational talent. That's not a knock on Winston.

Last edited:
It's actually not guaranteed 21. If he is cut before March 19 2023, he is limited to $15.2. He only gets the other "guarantees" if he remains on the roster for both years, look it up.
Which means you hope he stinks up the joint?

Don’t be dense. The rookie QBs aren’t 7 year veterans with 77 NFL starts.

How about you stop being intentionally obtuse? Or is it not intentional?

The point is that both Winston and a rookie QB need to prove that they are capable of winning a playoff game and/or winning a Super Bowl. And, if the saints thought any of these QBs, including Pickett, had a better shot of ever doing that than Winston, they would have drafted one of them at #19. But, they passed on every single one of them not one time, but two times. And every other NFL team, other than Pittsburgh passed on all of them at least once.

That doesn't mean that the Saints think Winston is the long term solution. But, it does seem to mean that the Saints think he has a better chance to be the long term solution than any of the QBs in this draft. That doesn't mean they won't take a shot at one of the QBs at some point in the draft. And if they like the value of one in rounds two through seven they should draft him since a team should keep drafting and signing QBs until they find The Guy.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom