I need a little help, please! (1 Viewer)

saintingeorgia

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
My really old computer recently crashed. Luckily, I had bought a new tower a couple of years ago and just hadn't hooked it up due to the games on there that I did not know how to transfer over. But now I have no choice!!

The only game I could find was a copy of Hoyle board games and not the original ones I know I have somewhere--- I cannot find them now. But that copy will not download. I have found a place to buy the 3 Hoyle games I like to play (original disks-not copies), but how do I tell if they will download or not? I would hate to put out the money for them and then not be able to download them...
ps- the games are Hoyle Word, Hoyle Board and Hoyle Card if anyone has them and would like to sell them to me- haha. Thanks

Did you buy them through steam?
Through steam??? Not sure what that is but, no I haven't bought them yet, I want to make sure they are compatible to download on my comp before I do. and I do not know how to do that!

These games are really old (like before 2003 old)

Steam is an online game store. One of the benefits is that it keeps your library for you. If you change computers, or lose your hard drive you can download your games again.

I looked on Amazon and it looks like the Hoyle games are for older operating systems. People in the comments are warning that the games are not compatible.

Amazon and Steam are selling "Encore Classic Board Games." You might want to take a look at that.

The VG board will have people who are more knowledgeable about games than I am.
Steam is an online game store. One of the benefits is that it keeps your library for you. If you change computers, or lose your hard drive you can download your games again.

I looked on Amazon and it looks like the Hoyle games are for older operating systems. People in the comments are warning that the games are not compatible.

Amazon and Steam are selling "Encore Classic Board Games." You might want to take a look at that.
This is what I needed, Thank You very much!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom