Humbled and blessed (1 Viewer)

parlorcitysaint

WhoDat in exile.
Reaction score
"Humbled and blessed to be a part of this locker room. I can't wait to get down there and..."

Know which one of our draftees said these words (or almost these EXACT words)?

Every. Single. One.

While I like the sentiment, I'd believe it was genuine more if whoever passed out the scripts had varied them a little from player to player.

"Humbled and blessed to be a part of this locker room. I can't wait to get down there and..."

Know which one of our draftees said these words (or almost these EXACT words)?

Every. Single. One.

While I like the sentiment, I'd believe it was genuine more if whoever passed out the scripts had varied them a little from player to player.
They learn the same script for college recruiting, but they can no longer use "Please respect my decision".

I can barely make coherent thoughts in my early-50s, so it's too much to expect young men to be engaging speakers.

Or

They are actually humbled and they do actually feel blessed. They just realized a life long dream of being selected to play for a real NFL team. They're part of the 0.001%. They're heading into the greatest challenge of their lives where they will compete with the best athletes in the world.

Many of these guys know that shirt is about to get real. You can come in humble or you can be humbled. If someone is feeding them advice, it's sound advice.

Last edited:
I mean it was obvious that each of our draftees was fed a line from the Saints PR. Listen to each one, there are the same buzzwords every time. They made sure to have each rookie say the word "culture".

Last edited:
To me it’s just a little insulting when it’s obvious everyone was told to saythe same thing. Not just the nfl for sure.

And that doesn’t mean.that some of these guys are not truly humble, and really appreciate this special opportunity they’re given.
I’m sure some are. But I think we all know, hard to be humble when you’re young, rich and good looking.

The alternative is usually...

"i mean, man, i mean.....what more can you say, man" (while talking to a female reporter)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom