Herb Jones (1 Viewer)

the-commish

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Not only should he not be traded, people saying he should come off the bench in favor of Trey was just laughable to me. Herb makes an impact whether he scores or not. Anger levels will increase if he's left off all-nba defense a 3rd time.

With his improved 3 pt shot, he's arguably the one guy we absolutely cannot trade.
Exactly, which is why I found it weird when some actually thought we should have given thought to the plan of including him in that deal with Atlanta... just no.

YOU DON'T TRADE HERB JONES!!!
(Trade Naji instead...)

Been saying all season and at times mocked for it.... herb Jones is the best player pound for pound on the roster
You may be right. I love Herbs game.

I have to put in a plug for Zion though. He looks quicker, hes much better on the glass lately, making steals and blocking shots. And the two-man game between him and TM3 is quite something to behold.

You may be right. I love Herbs game.

I have to put in a plug for Zion though. He looks quicker, hes much better on the glass lately, making steals and blocking shots. And the two-man game between him and TM3 is quite something to behold.
You are correct, but as much as that part of his game has improved, he still needs to come up with at least one more shot in his repertoire, like possibly a 10 foot jump shot

You are correct, but as much as that part of his game has improved, he still needs to come up with at least one more shot in his repertoire, like possibly a 10 foot jump shot
Spot on. If Zion a) stays healthy and b) develops a mid range jump shot, he'll be unguardable. The only question in my mind is if he has the competitive drive to work on his game and his body and become a true star.

Spot on. If Zion a) stays healthy and b) develops a mid range jump shot, he'll be unguardable. The only question in my mind is if he has the competitive drive to work on his game and his body and become a true star.
If and if

Herb done did it

Zion is currently in very good shape.

I was frustrated with him as well, but we have to remember that we are talking about a very young man who probably never faced the type of adversity he has the last 2 seasons. I think he was probably depressed as hell plus he really couldn't work on developing his game. It's pretty obvious that he has gotten his body and mind almost back to where they need to be. He is running the court and he is showing that explosiveness again...his scoring is slightly down but his assists, rebounding, and blocks are up and when he plays defense he is showing far better lateral movement to keep opponents in front of him instead of them just going around him like they were doing earlier in the season.

IMO the only question with him is if he going to be injury plagued or if the last 2 seasons were an aberration and only time will tell with that.

Zion is currently in very good shape.

I was frustrated with him as well, but we have to remember that we are talking about a very young man who probably never faced the type of adversity he has the last 2 seasons. I think he was probably depressed as hell plus he really couldn't work on developing his game. It's pretty obvious that he has gotten his body and mind almost back to where they need to be. He is running the court and he is showing that explosiveness again...his scoring is slightly down but his assists, rebounding, and blocks are up and when he plays defense he is showing far better lateral movement to keep opponents in front of him instead of them just going around him like they were doing earlier in the season.

IMO the only question with him is if he going to be injury plagued or if the last 2 seasons were an aberration and only time will tell with that.
Sometimes athletes are more injury prone in their younger years because their quickly developing frames are not yet fully able to handle the level of stress and impact of their sport. As they get older, those frames become more solid and can handle their sport's impact better.

I'm hoping this turns out to be the case with Z. We'll see.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom