Opinion Greatest plays in SB history - whaaattttt? (1 Viewer)

Cincy Saint

VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
From USA Today...

I see Porter's INT to seal the win for the Saints at #9. Ok, that seems really good given the competition. But Ambush is #33 behind things like Jackie Smith dropping a TD pass, Admad Bradshaw scoring a TD when he should not have, and a random Julian Edelman shoe string catch. WHAT?

ARTICLE

I'd think it ranks really high.....that came was over and that INT completely changed that game.
It's a pretty great play, but for me it's not number one. Butler played it perfectly, thing was it was just a terrible decision by everyone involved on the offensive side. Wilson had time but just went with his first option, and they should've never called a pass play in the first place as it wasn't 4th down (It was 2nd for reference). Bad game management coupled with bad execution. Big Ben to Holmes, Porter's pick, Tyree's helmet catch (although also questionable as just a stroke of luck), are all better plays just to name a few off the list. Ambush at 33 is a joke but I can understand it not being number 1, it was gamechanging in hindsight, and by far the most insane call in the SB we've seen but ultimately it was a bad field by Baskett that gave us the ball.

I'd think it ranks really high.....that came was over and that INT completely changed that game.
It was a nice play no doubt, but Tyree’s helmet catch was way better. Dude was an unknown receiver, who was draped by Harrison (who played that perfectly), somehow by the stroke of the football Gods makes that catch in an awkward position, with the ball barely staying above from grazing the ground. Plus, Eli had to evade the grasp of a defender just to get the ball out into the air. The sequence of that play had the greatest amount of luck I’ve ever seen in a SB. If I’m not mistaken, if they don’t make that play, then the game is over.

Ambush is #1 in my heart.
Not just our hearts but should be Top 5 in any list like this. Think about the circumstances. PM about to get the ball up 10-6. The Colts are in control. SP flipped that script in the boldest of fashions. In your face NFL establishment fashion. Changed the game

Top 5 if not #1

He must’ve won money on that Pats/Seahawks game. No way he actually believes Butler’s int is #1
That Butler int was an incredible play that ended what would have been essentially the game winning play from the 1 yd line. I have no issues with that one being #1.

Ambush was a great play and historically significant but in itself, it didn’t decide the game. (Though we know it changed the momentum of the game to the Saints).

It was a nice play no doubt, but Tyree’s helmet catch was way better. Dude was an unknown receiver, who was draped by Harrison (who played that perfectly), somehow by the stroke of the football Gods makes that catch in an awkward position, with the ball barely staying above from grazing the ground. Plus, Eli had to evade the grasp of a defender just to get the ball out into the air. The sequence of that play had the greatest amount of luck I’ve ever seen in a SB. If I’m not mistaken, if they don’t make that play, then the game is over.
Good play but Peyton probably would've hit him in the numbers. :ROFLMAO:

10. James White in OT (NE vs ATL) is vastly overrated - not even Top 30.

2. Roethlisberger-to-Holmes is overrated - not even Top 20. (Harrison's Pick 6 should be Top 5.)

And... they have 24. The lights go out in New Orleans 9 spots ahead of Ambush??????????????

smh

That Butler int was an incredible play that ended what would have been essentially the game winning play from the 1 yd line. I have no issues with that one being #1.

Ambush was a great play and historically significant but in itself, it didn’t decide the game. (Though we know it changed the momentum of the game to the Saints).
Santonio Holmes catch is better than that INT

Santonio Holmes catch is better than that INT
In terms of the physical act, i agree that it was. However, that catch was made on 2nd down (I think) and it was a 3 point game with the Steelers in a goal-to-go

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom