Ethanol free gas may become very hard to find (1 Viewer)

I have seen that on the LA sportsman site, I hate to hear it. I use it in my car as well and went from 21/24 cty/hwy to 24/27 on the second tank, and it is the same cost as the Chevron across the street.

I was chatting with a friend and he gave me this...

Saw two articles yesterday:<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
1. Refinery in Chalmette will no longer make pure gas, only E10. That means little to no ethanol free fuel in southeast part of the state. Our area gets ethanol free fuel from refineries in Opelousas and Lake Charles.<o:p></o:p>
2. Obama would like to bump the ethanol content up to 15%. Yamaha did a study running their motors on E15 gas. After 300 hours of nonstop running the two strokes were throwing rods and a 300hp four stroke burned 2 valves. The identical motors running beside them on pure gas had no problems.<o:p></o:p>

I get mine ata Texaco on the woolmarket ( south ms ) exit off I10 that has good access for boats. Maybe we should start updating what's happening with our local stations. I'll stop by today and see where they get their gas.

This will also impact non ethanol stations in south ms. I called Eagle Express located on courthouse rd in Gulfport and they do get their pure gas from Chalmette. The owner did say that they have another refinery and will continue to sell non ethanol.

this blows.

Yep , I use to rebuild my weed eater carbs every year and replace them about every. 3 years on ethanol. It's been 4 years of real gas and I haven't had to touch them. Absolutely true.

Yep , I use to rebuild my weed eater carbs every year and replace them about every. 3 years on ethanol. It's been 4 years of real gas and I haven't had to touch them. Absolutely true.

yeah im not looking forward to this on my bulletproof 40HP yamaha two stroke outboard. i literally cannot break it no matter how much i dog it, but put some ethanol in it...

I didn't click the link, but it's probably poli-freakin'-tics at it's finest. Ethanol is a serious waste of resources.

Star Convenience on Hwy 23 has already stopped selling ethanol free has of two weeks ago.

Saw an update...
Huge New News on Chalmette Refining Issue
I had hoped to make a HUGE and very surprising announcement regarding the Chalmette Refining Issue today; HOWEVER, I could NOT get confirmation from the Chalmette Refining&#8217;s Public Relations Manager Patrick Trahan. Here&#8217;s the story.

On Friday, May 23rd, I received a phone call from a gas distributor friend who told me he received a call from a gentleman from Chalmette Refining (presumably a supervisor &#8211; I can&#8217;t give his name) earlier in the week, who asked for a favor dealing with a gasoline issue. During the conversation, the Chalmette man told the distributor that there was a meeting at Chalmette Refining recently and that it was decided to resume the manufacture and sale of conventional, ethanol FREE gasoline. He indicated it would resume in about 4-6 weeks, presumable to revise piping from E0 tanks to their recently revised truck loading rack. The distributor asked what was the reason for the change in position, and he told him it was due to &#8220;PUBLIC OUTCRY&#8221;!

Read the 'rest of the story' on my website,

PeteLandrysRealGas.com

Saw an update...
Huge New News on Chalmette Refining Issue
I had hoped to make a HUGE and very surprising announcement regarding the Chalmette Refining Issue today; HOWEVER, I could NOT get confirmation from the Chalmette Refining’s Public Relations Manager Patrick Trahan. Here’s the story.

On Friday, May 23rd, I received a phone call from a gas distributor friend who told me he received a call from a gentleman from Chalmette Refining (presumably a supervisor – I can’t give his name) earlier in the week, who asked for a favor dealing with a gasoline issue. During the conversation, the Chalmette man told the distributor that there was a meeting at Chalmette Refining recently and that it was decided to resume the manufacture and sale of conventional, ethanol FREE gasoline. He indicated it would resume in about 4-6 weeks, presumable to revise piping from E0 tanks to their recently revised truck loading rack. The distributor asked what was the reason for the change in position, and he told him it was due to “PUBLIC OUTCRY”!

Read the 'rest of the story' on my website,

PeteLandrysRealGas.com

This would be great news.

I paid 4.18 a gallon for ethanol free in Pensacola, Florida last week. Got back home, Shop rite still 3.57 for pure gas.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom