Daniel Jeremiah - “Everyone is moving up for an OT” (3 Viewers)

If the Saints are inclined to move down. Hope that Ramcyzk can play part of the year. Resign Peat and move Penning to guard. They can still find a RT later in the 1st.

We're you watching the PFF live stream too? :)

And for good measure, this was his last tweet last night before that one first thing this morning…

It still blows my mind that DA was so transparent with Rams status RIGHT before the draft. I know there's a lot of DA hate that is just piling on, but unless it's some genius smokescreen to get a weapon they covet to drop, that was just unbelievably stupid.

We're you watching the PFF live stream too? :)

It still blows my mind that DA was so transparent with Rams status RIGHT before the draft. I know there's a lot of DA hate that is just piling on, but unless it's some genius smokescreen to get a weapon they covet to drop, that was just unbelievably stupid.

I’m actually in the “it’s a smokescreen” camp. The way that news came out, like a borage all at once, and in the setting it was in just seemed off to me.

I mean, in February at the combine DA said Ram was having a cleanup procedure done and that he’d be ready to go by training camp and likely sooner.

Then, all of a sudden, like three weeks later, he’s at a Owner’s Meeting press conference surrounded by the competition spouting off about how Ram isn’t responding “as well as he thought” following this procedure he just had that had a six month timeline?

And since when does this team go into detail about player injuries, ever? Even Ram talked about it that morning, and our players literally would normally get fined for talking about their injuries to the media. Then Underhill gets involved.

And all of this happens on the SAME day, while team brass are at the disinformation capital of the world that is the owner's meetings?

200w.gif

Very interesting! I just don't see a tackle going before 5 at the earliest, and I really feel like Chargers take a WR. If tackles go 6 and 7 to Giants and Titans that makes 8-13 very interesting. We could see someone trade with Chicago at 9 to come get Fuaga, or maybe Bowers. I think McCarthy could be in play at 8 as well. Maybe Denver moves up to take him ahead of the Vikings. With Terrion Arnold, Rome Odunze and Laiatu Latu still on the board, and Vikings, Broncos, and Raiders all needing QBs, We could very well be in a trade down position if there is a early run on OTs.

If fuaga is gone before 14, then the Rams could be an interesting trade partner. With QBs and OTs having an early run, someone like Arnold, Verse, or Turner may spark enough interest to get the rams to move up and at 19 we should be able to still take Mims or Latham.

I'm working on a post, comparing PFF grades from last years 49ers team, and the 2021 Vikings. What I noticed is that the offensive lines on both teams were WEAK AF. They played better as a unit more than they had great individual talents.

Both teams however, especially the 49ers, relied on elite skill positions and then a very good/Elite LT. The Vikings started a rookie LT that year who graded around a 72 and their right tackle a 74. Everyone else in the 60's and 50's. Same with last years 49ers, Trent Williams elite, and then everyone else on the line in the 50's and 60's.

While the Saints need an OT, they could lean towards a WR. Also noticed the Vikings OL that year had a bunch of guys that ran 5.0 40's or below. We have 3 guys on the team w/ that gype of speed between McCoy, Ruiz, and Penning as well as the OL we signed a few weeks ago.

I'm also curious about LT - Troy Fautanu.(he's exact same measurements as Trent Williams and had one of best 40's at T) He got flagged medically and may slide down draft boards due to that and teams not knowing if he'll play G or T. Saints could potentially trade back and find a way to get good value w/ him later in the draft. Could see them going with a WR like Rome Odunze if he's there at 14 or looking to nab Brian Thomas Jr late for the same reason as Fautanu....medicals.

I’m actually in the “it’s a smokescreen” camp. The way that news came out, like a borage all at once, and in the setting it was in just seemed off to me.

I mean, in February at the combine DA said Ram was having a cleanup procedure done and that he’d be ready to go by training camp and likely sooner.

Then, all of a sudden, like three weeks later, he’s at a Owner’s Meeting press conference surrounded by the competition spouting off about how Ram isn’t responding “as well as he thought” following this procedure he just had that had a six month timeline?

And since when does this team go into detail about player injuries, ever? Even Ram talked about it that morning, and our players literally would normally get fined for talking about their injuries to the media. Then Underhill gets involved.

And all of this happens on the SAME day, while team brass are at the disinformation capital of the world that is the owner's meetings?

200w.gif
If it's true, then kudos to him AND to you. But my take:

Very interesting! I just don't see a tackle going before 5 at the earliest, and I really feel like Chargers take a WR. If tackles go 6 and 7 to Giants and Titans that makes 8-13 very interesting. We could see someone trade with Chicago at 9 to come get Fuaga, or maybe Bowers. I think McCarthy could be in play at 8 as well. Maybe Denver moves up to take him ahead of the Vikings. With Terrion Arnold, Rome Odunze and Laiatu Latu still on the board, and Vikings, Broncos, and Raiders all needing QBs, We could very well be in a trade down position if there is a early run on OTs.

If fuaga is gone before 14, then the Rams could be an interesting trade partner. With QBs and OTs having an early run, someone like Arnold, Verse, or Turner may spark enough interest to get the rams to move up and at 19 we should be able to still take Mims or Latham.
I could easily see Harbaugh going OT, with how important having a strong running game is to him. With that said, they don’t need an LT, so a trade down with the Vikings for Latham/Fuaga would be a good fit, leaving another 1st and early 2nd to revamp their WR room.

If the Saints are inclined to move down. Hope that Ramcyzk can play part of the year. Resign Peat and move Penning to guard. They can still find a RT later in the 1st.
Ram is done.
He's already dropping weight and the only reason he's still here is for contract/cap purposes.
He'll retire next year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom