Colin Cowherd Picks The Saints To Finish Last In The NFCS - The Herd (1 Viewer)

He’s getting close to 200. If he gets there, he’s in. Every coach with at least 200 wins is in except one.
Marty S. The one without a Super Bowl.
Heck, even getting to that 180 range will be enough.

Could make it, but more work likely still needs to be done​

1714837518406.png

Payton signed a 5 year contract with Denver.
If he fufills that contract and goes 8-9 yearly in Denver and gets to 180 wins, he will not get in.

He has to turn the team around and he has to have Saints like seasons.
It would not surprise me at all if this happens... as I said he is a very good coach!

If he wins another SB, he is a lock!

Attachments

• 1714837407595.png
    1714837407595.png
    26.1 KB · Views: 0

1714837518406.png

If he fufills that contract and goes 8-9 yearly in Denver and gets to 180 wins, he will not get in.

It would not surprise me at all if this happens... as I said he is a very good coach!

They just put Don Coryell in last year---114 wins, no Super Bowl win

In the YouTube video below James Skrmetta takes issue in a segment on his channel with how Colin Cowherd comes to the conclusion that the Saints will finish last in the NFCS in 2024. Skrmetta makes a lot of valid points in his breakdown of the state of the division and what it was in 2023. It's easy to remember how terrible the Saints offense looked most of the first 3/4 of the season and how they blew a few games along the way but it's just as easy to forget that the Saints tied for the best record in the division only to lose out on a tiebreaker and also the fact that the Saints were without AK41 for the first 3 games of the year while he was serving his suspension. Colic passes over the fact that PC was ranked last as an OC Play Caller last year and the entire Saints offensive staff has been replaced. Had the Saints won just one more game and won the division making the playoffs there certainly would have been less pessimism about the state of the Saints, however, the Saints may have been comfortable running it back with the same staff. So, to that, most would agree that it was best that the team came up short and were forced to make changes as there is a much more confident vibe from the fan base that the Saints will have a more competent offensive coaching staff in 2024 that will lift the team to new heights.

Back to Cow Turd, how can he be so confident that the Clowns and the Yuks will be much better than they were last year and how in the world could he possibly suggest that the Pansies will be better than the Saints. I have to agree with James take that this dude hasn't done his homework in detail research about the NFCS teams to arrive at his conclusion and is basing his thoughts on limited analysis. It leaves you wondering how these types retain credibility.

And water is wet. Is this something new? Cowturd always has it out for Saints. His opinion on this is a waste of breath.

SFIAH

Who is this Herd dude and who cares what he says?

Well in the case of Skrmetta at least he's using facts and data content to back up what he is saying, so to that I wouldn't say his opinion is unfounded.

If you don't like the format in which Skrmetta operates, I can understand that. He's not the only one that uses this method on a YouTube channel across many subjects to get their point across while challenging what someone has said. It's a bit different I'll agree. But he has to do some research to back up his points. And to that, it's a stretch to call him lazy while he's working regularly to promote his own channel, whether you like it or not.
I understand what you’re saying, but to me it still seems low effort. He’s using someone else’s material and clapping back at them without giving any chance for a rebuttal. That’s much easier than creating content yourself, and he makes himself look smarter in the process. I wouldn’t be happy if my hard work was being used like this, would you?

As for his opinion, he’s stated that he doesn’t have insider access, so while his opinions can be well thought out and backed up he’s getting them from the same sources and you and me: real journalists doing all the legwork.

I don’t know, I won’t knock anyone for liking him, but to me it seems lazy, hence why I quickly stopped watching him. To each his/her own, of course!

1714837518406.png

Just to expand on my theory, they just put in Dick Vermeil who has a 120-109 record.
Even with his Super Bowl, he still has a losing record in his Rams career.

I have said this a million times on here. I met the man at a Miami Heat game years ago and he is a complete weirdo and his wife. I remember i shook his hand so hard it must have felt rude like I wanted to break it when I pulled him in close to ask why he hates the saints?

I understand what you’re saying, but to me it still seems low effort. He’s using someone else’s material and clapping back at them without giving any chance for a rebuttal. That’s much easier than creating content yourself, and he makes himself look smarter in the process. I wouldn’t be happy if my hard work was being used like this, would you?

I get it. You don't like the format. To be fair, it's the same format many youtubers use on their channels to critique others in all areas of the limelight. It's actually not much different than most so called journalistic reporting. Rarely does anyone have the person on to discuss their viewpoint, rather, they are commenting on what views the other has expressed. To put that in context, it would be more unlikely to have a national sports media type appear on a bloggers YouTube channel to defend/discuss his point of view than it would to have a national politician appear on a network news channel to defend/discuss his point of view.

From what I gathered from watching the video is Skrmetta was the only one that did any hard work. At least he used facts and cited sources of information to contest the viewpoint of Cowherd who limited his remarks on the Saints to "I don't like the situation down there" and "The coach may be fired by Thanksgiving" without stating any reason why he thinks that. I wouldn't call that hard work. You and I have invested more time and hard work discussing this than Colin did.

As for his opinion, he’s stated that he doesn’t have insider access, so while his opinions can be well thought out and backed up he’s getting them from the same sources and you and me: real journalists doing all the legwork. I don’t know, I won’t knock anyone for liking him, but to me it seems lazy, hence why I quickly stopped watching him. To each his/her own, of course!

You said you stopped watching Skrmetta in the past, so I'll take your word on that. And with that I take it that you didn't watch his video in my OP. Nowhere did he say that he doesn't have insider access in that video. He may not have any, and he may have said it elsewhere, but not in this video. I don't get how you label him as lazy when he's actively working to put content of some sort on his channel, which is more than either of us are doing, and he spent 15 minutes on air in this video breaking down his thoughts and reasons he disagrees with what Cowherd laid out in what is easily seen as a lazy take on the Saints "situation" without elaborating on why. Those 15 minutes may have taken him hours to get his rebuttal together.

As for as opinions we all have our own. When someone lays out their reasons for their opinions with factual information it's easier to agree with their take than when someone simply says they don't like a situation and moves on. The latter seems to me to be the lazy approach.

I'm not necessarily a Skrmetta fan or not. I haven't subscribed to his channel, but I have watched a few of his videos. I try to stay open minded enough to listen to many points of view. Until he says something I find totally stupid or unfounded I'll continue to take a peek at what he has to say. I can't say that so much for Colin Cowherd. He's said enough stupid already for me. But of course, you're right, to each his own!

Cowherd must use the QB stats and reputation as the main predictor of team W-L record. It's lazy, but it's the best single predictor.

Cowherd must use the QB stats and reputation as the main predictor of team W-L record. It's lazy, but it's the best single predictor.
It’s the Northeast and whatever teams were good when he was a kid.

Saints haven't done anything sense 2020. Even the last year off sp wasn't good. Anyone shouldn't be shocked or surprised with an aging defense and an offense that's struggled to put up points the last few years.

Saints haven't done anything sense 2020. Even the last year off sp wasn't good. Anyone shouldn't be shocked or surprised with an aging defense and an offense that's struggled to put up points the last few years.
It’s not just that.
He’s quick to prop up Chicago even though they’ve been in the dumpster for more than a while.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom