Cicadas (3 Viewers)

I saw one last night going down some steps. Fairly large one. Later going up same steps it was still there, except this time it noticed me and flew to my leg. I smacked it off.

As it fell off the steps it made that loud noise as if it was highly perturbed.

I thought the thread bump was gonna be about cicada-geddon.

ETA: I just watched video of a cicada peeing. God I love the internet.

Last edited:
I saw one last night going down some steps. Fairly large one. Later going up same steps it was still there, except this time it noticed me and flew to my leg. I smacked it off.

As it fell off the steps it made that loud noise as if it was highly perturbed.
It was perturbed cos it was trying to mate with you.

I love them because trout and smallmouth bass love them, and I flyfish....so....they bring out the big ones for sure....

A rare phenomenon that hasn’t occurred since Thomas Jefferson was in the White House is set to take place - but possibly for the last time.

It isn’t a comet or the upcoming solar eclipse — rather, the emergence of trillions of cicadas. Two broods of the flying insects — named XIII and XIX — are set to invade the east coast and midwest in the coming weeks after last burrowing out of the soil together in 1803.

Their next co-emergence isn’t expected until 2245.

“I’ve actually been looking forward to this for many years now,” Dr Katie Dana, an entomologist and cicada expert from Illinoistold The Independent. “I’ve been trying to spread the word — people haven’t listened until this year.”…….

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom