Charlotte Hornets(8-29) @ New Orleans Pelicans(24-7) at 7pm. Flock up! (1 Viewer)

But have you played PG? 😁 Although it’s irrelevant for this team. In the same sense I think Vuc is irrelevant. Agree to disagree. I’m fine with that.

Yes I have. But only in pickup games at the Y.

24 13 7 in 34 mins. Lead his team in all 3 to get the win.

1705632755624.gif

Playing PG in pickup games is the most frustrating thing.

It is... Half arse screens... No one wants to move without the ball.... every other pass hits a guy in the back of his head... And if you lose - You gotta start over with a new batch of ball hogs... maddening. LMAO

It is... Half arse screens... No one wants to move without the ball.... every other pass hits a guy in the back of his head... And if you lose - You gotta start over with a new batch of ball hogs... maddening. LMAO
Before we even started the game I would literally tell the entire team… ALWAYS expect the ball. If you’re open I will find you and I will not be looking at you. It’s the reason why I didn’t want to play QB for my flag football team. No one would listen to me. I would literally tell our QB I’m going to do this and be wide open and I can’t think of a time I didn’t score a TD. The one time I did play QB it was a co-ed league. I said I’ll only play QB on the last play of the game. Talked to one WR and one person to block for me. 40 yard pass and we won on the last play of the game. The QB on the opposing team HATED me because I scored a receiving TD without running a route. I almost scored a second TD doing the same thing. Been undersized my entire life and I would 100% make whoever did not pick me pay 😄

Before we even started the game I would literally tell the entire team… ALWAYS expect the ball. If you’re open I will find you and I will not be looking at you. It’s the reason why I didn’t want to play QB for my flag football team. No one would listen to me. I would literally tell our QB I’m going to do this and be wide open and I can’t think of a time I didn’t score a TD. The one time I did play QB it was a co-ed league. I said I’ll only play QB on the last play of the game. Talked to one WR and one person to block for me. 40 yard pass and we won on the last play of the game. The QB on the opposing team HATED me because I scored a receiving TD without running a route. I almost scored a second TD doing the same thing. Been undersized my entire life and I would 100% make whoever did not pick me pay 😄
I hear ya. I played flag football indoor and outdoor for 20 years. QB in my 20s/30s. Center in my 40s. 6 straight titles 8 total. I managed to be on some good teams with some good guys that stayed together. Other than that I know exactly what you mean. Lol

Back in HS (I quit all sports after my freshman year) we had a pickup game of football for senior week. I was first pick despite not many seeing me play football. One of the team captain played center when I played QB so everyone was confused. After we won I was asked why I didn’t play QB. I’m short and could never see over the OL. Ongoing problem since 5th grade 😂

Playoff basketball is 90% half court offense.

I think pace is bit overstated in importance.

Granted Jonas is limited match up dependent. If we can get by not running into a Giannis or Embiid. I think Jonas will be fine.

I hear ya. I played flag football indoor and outdoor for 20 years. QB in my 20s/30s. Center in my 40s. 6 straight titles 8 total. I managed to be on some good teams with some good guys that stayed together. Other than that I know exactly what you mean. Lol
The guy that runs Gridiron Glory in Texas was telling the QB we needed because we didn’t have enough players that I was the fastest person on the field. I turned my head like you’re not talking about me and he goes no I’m talking about you MF’er. I had a 92 yard TD from a screen after telling him just give me a quick pass and I’ll do the work. When I scored the guy goes “I effin told them. I told them you were the fastest person on the field”. I did the same for flag football but mostly focusing on rushing the passer. Turns out my defensive instincts for basketball helped with rushing the QB. But the game in pads I had around 170 yards on 9 receptions and I hadn’t played a competitive game in pads since 6th grade. Flag football was mostly frustrating because I could literally tell them what would work but no one listened.

From the basketball perspective I was forced out of my natural position because the coaches son played PG. He was under 5 feet tall 😄

I'm driving 8 hours tomorrow. If I don't post a game thread before I leave at noon. I probably won't be making it.

I'm driving 8 hours tomorrow. If I don't post a game thread before I leave at noon. I probably won't be making it.
My boss is was in the country this week and I was in the office because it so I’ll try my best unless someone beats me to the punch 😄

Look at Gayle spending some money on the Pels this year. Another new court? What?? Get out.

Nope, BI can get his shot and he faces just as many double teams as Zion, the difference is that BI has way more in his arsenal. Where is Z when teams are blitzing BI? If they were paying Z to be JAG, I would be cool, but dude is not a MAX guy that you build your team around. He has a very limited offense and is routinely a liability on defense do to his inconsistent effort on D.
That isn't the point. Your reasoning was that this team performs as well or better without Zion based on how we do when he doesn't play.

The same reasoning applies to BI this season.

Yes I have. But only in pickup games at the Y.

24 13 7 in 34 mins. Lead his team in all 3 to get the win.

1705632755624.gif
One game is hardly a lesson

On the season he is not doing better than JV and he is not as good defensively

That isn't the point. Your reasoning was that this team performs as well or better without Zion based on how we do when he doesn't play.

The same reasoning applies to BI this season.
No, that was not the point, this was:
And when the other guys don't knock down the shots, Z becomes a liability because of his limited offense. If Z was "just another guy", I would be OK with his performance but he was drafted to be so much more and he is PAID to be so much more and when the "other guys" are off he can't get the job done consistently!
I went on to say...
This team has shown that they can win without him. Hell, they look more dominate without him this season! BI is more efficient and when Trigga is in the starting line-up for Z, they were on 🔥. Then there's Hawkins! Z 's average performance on both sides of the court makes him expendable.
The ball moves when Zion is off the court and when he on the court the whole team lags cause his off the ball movement is almost non existent. Yes, he can pass the ball, but once he gets to the elbow its time for him to execute his ONE move which has mixed results.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom