Opinion Carr doesnt fit the saints system, but cant be benched due to his salary (1 Viewer)

You pay the money either way.

Separately…..you make a decision on who should be the best QB for the team in games.

2 separate decisions.
This right here. I’d rather have a win with one of the other QBs then a loss staying with Carr each game.

Carr is a good QB but for some reason doesnt fit Carmichael offensive system. I realize the 150 million investment they have with Carr, requires the saints organization to stick with carr through the end of this season,no matter the win total
One could argue that but I don't think that's the problem because the system is VERY similar to Gruden's. To me it's simple.

Remember the sequence Thursday where we ran the ball 3 st8 times for a TD and dared the opposition to Stop us? that's the identity the offense needs to be and the one that supports Carr the best.

The Final sequence where we passed 3 straight times into the corner of the endzone is the team we change into under pressure and doesn't best support Carr or the entire team identity which is built for bully ball.

It's not Carr it's more Carmichael making the offense a finess offense that passes the ball to move the chains when that's not what we are or what we should aspire to be. If Allen and Carmicahel thought they were getting a less talented version of Brees they were wrong, Carr plays more like a less talented version of Aaron Rodgers.

It's imperative that he be supported by a running game and when all else fails, keep running the ball.

Carr is a good QB but for some reason doesnt fit Carmichael offensive system. I realize the 150 million investment they have with Carr, requires the saints organization to stick with carr through the end of this season,no matter the win total
You are correct. I don't know the exact cap implications but know that he has 100 million in guarantees. 60 million was guaranteed when he signed.

Based on this I'd say the earliest we could get out of this contract would be at the end of next year and more realistically the end of year 3.

I'm guessing they keep DA at least another year unless we go something ugly like 5-12 (which is possible but not likely).

With the Saints or in the NFL? Because he’s not playing as bad as some QBs this year. I’m sure you mean the Saints, which also isn’t true from a statistic standpoint.

But my goodness him not seeing open windows is beyond frustrating at this point.
It’s more of a just he’s playing like sh*t comment.

One could argue that but I don't think that's the problem because the system is VERY similar to Gruden's. To me it's simple.

Remember the sequence Thursday where we ran the ball 3 st8 times for a TD and dared the opposition to Stop us? that's the identity the offense needs to be and the one that supports Carr the best.

The Final sequence where we passed 3 straight times into the corner of the endzone is the team we change into under pressure and doesn't best support Carr or the entire team identity which is built for bully ball.

It's not Carr it's more Carmichael making the offense a finess offense that passes the ball to move the chains when that's not what we are or what we should aspire to be. If Allen and Carmicahel thought they were getting a less talented version of Brees they were wrong, Carr plays more like a less talented version of Aaron Rodgers.

It's imperative that he be supported by a running game and when all else fails, keep running the ball.
Can you find a way to get this to Airline Dr? Because it should be passed along!

The inconvenient truth is Carr has probably already peaked as a qb

Oakland had to have seen this in practice and game film sessions. Corrective coaching was applied and for whatever reason he did not improve or respond.

We bought in thinking there was more to squeeze out , but they unfortunately seem to have been correct in their assessment.

That’s one thing , the other thing is I cannot as a coach in good faith with any sense of morality or integrity start a quarterback just because of what we thought he would be. Once I’ve confirmed there’s another guy in the locker room that gives my team a better chance to win, it is incumbent upon me to do what’s best for the club.

Carrs cap will fall off the books eventually , sometimes it is what it is 🤷🏾‍♂️

But to lie to your players faces and trot that trash can has been of a qb out there and ask your players who are giving you their best to ignore the fact he sucks is disredamnspectful and that’s why our locker room is in shambles now.

Because winners don’t operate that way and winning don’t work that way

I don't think it's an issue of "system fit." More like Carr playing with bad footwork and making poor decisions (see J.T. O'Sullivan breakdown). Not that some of the play design couldn't be better. But the O'Sullivan video is pretty damning.

If this is true, then it’s incumbent on Carmichael to modify the system. You coach and plan around the players you have, not the ones you used to have.
For the record, I cried for this last season before Jameis got injured. But for many, Winston was the problem, not the system.

I don't understand why Carr gets so many excuses. He is less productive than Andy Dalton was last year but for some reason Carr is a good QB but the system is bad yet Dalton is just terrible. Carr has never been a good QB., he always been servicable but a loser. The excuses were flying for him with the Raiders and now again its the coaches. At what point do people start understanding what Carr is?

The inconvenient truth is Carr has probably already peaked as a qb

Oakland had to have seen this in practice and game film sessions. Corrective coaching was applied and for whatever reason he did not improve or respond.

We bought in thinking there was more to squeeze out , but they unfortunately seem to have been correct in their assessment.

That’s one thing , the other thing is I cannot as a coach in good faith with any sense of morality or integrity start a quarterback just because of what we thought he would be. Once I’ve confirmed there’s another guy in the locker room that gives my team a better chance to win, it is incumbent upon me to do what’s best for the club.

Carrs cap will fall off the books eventually , sometimes it is what it is 🤷🏾‍♂️

But to lie to your players faces and trot that trash can has been of a qb out there and ask your players who are giving you their best to ignore the fact he sucks is disredamnspectful and that’s why our locker room is in shambles now.

Because winners don’t operate that way and winning don’t work that way
This should’ve been made a post for EVERYONE to see. This is best describing the current situation. Idc who else we tryout at this point it can’t be him. Trevor was outplaying him at this point that’s gotta mean something for those who refuse to see it. Carr just don’t fit the system. The system is not about to change. So plz get someone who understands it and can run it to its best ability.

this is actually true. We're trying to tailor Drew Brees' offense to Carr. A lot of it works, but Carr isnt as quick making decisions. Carr isnt as quick making the correct decision. Indecision = holding onto the ball. Holding onto the ball stresses the Oline to protect. Which we're not doing. For Carr to be great, I think he'd require the Dallas oline from a few years ago. For Carr to succeed, he and the staff need to make sure he's making quicker and better decisions. (Drew made me take for granted decision making) And the staff needs to call the plays that we are good at, and not to simply try and get a favorable match up. The results show that we are not winning the fav matchups either.

From savior the villain in less than half a year. Things change quick around here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom