NFL Draft Bryce Young was very impressive in the Superdome today! (1 Viewer)

Now you're just making up stuff.

This is pretty easy.

When a guy is running down the sideline with the ball, no one cares if the ball happens to go across the boundary. It's whether the player's body remains in bounds.

When a guy catches a ball over the boundary but gets a foot (in college) down, no one cares that the ball is out of bounds.

This is no different - Bowers was still in bounds so the play is still active and he earned that extra bit of yardage, so it was a first down.
Naw bro. Where the ball is when the guy goes out of bounds matters too.

Remember the goal line. If the player crosses the goal line wilt the ball, but the ball is outside the pylon, is this considered a TD? We seen the player go out of bounds while simultaneously swiping the ball inside the pylon and a TD is ruled. All of this is crazy stuff.
Goal line/endzone rules are different than field of play. Also, if a WR keeps his toes in bounds, but catches the ball over the boundary line, is he out of bounds? Of course, not.

I see it more as the NFL lighting up Tua if you're referring to him.

As for Hurts, I thought he ended up at Oklahoma. Does tOSU claim Jeaux Burreaux?
Justin Fields transferred from Georgia as well. Welcome to the new norm in College football. The transfer portal.

There is no perfect QB prospect. If you have a chance at getting Young, you thank your lucky stars that you’ve at least got a coin flip of having your franchise QB.

Right now, we don’t have that.
Exactly.

Bryce Young eh. But I wouldnt draft CJ Stroud unless it was in the second round. The guy has been surrounded by star wrs since he was named starter, imagine him playing a faster game with no talent at the skill positions. Yikes! Not a fan of his throwing motion either.
I would not draft any Ohio state QB in first two rounds. There system does not translate to the NFL. Think about all the great college QBs they have every year. Heisman candidates and winners. Zero have translated to pro. Haskins and Fields were the two most pro ready and and they never really developed. Somehow fields is winning with legs but passing numbers are abysmal.

He benched Terrelle Pryor, he benched Jameis Winston, Bryce Young wouldn't have a long enough leash to be successful with Allen as his head coach.

This is the problem with the rules. The rule is supposed to focus on where is the ball, not the player. The ball was clearly out of bounds BEFORE THE PLAYER’S HAND REACHED THE LTG. The ball must pass the line to gain inside the field of play, not outside, for it to be considered a first down, not the hand. Just like on the goal line.

I was actually for UGA but I agree with you. When I saw it, even in replay, he looked short of the LTG because the ball was in his outside arm, thus OOB before he reached the FDL. I've always been taught and told its where the BALL is when a knee, elbow, forearm, buttock is either down or OOB. Like i said, it worked out Cuz I wanted UGA to win but I thought it was the wrong decision.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom