NFL Draft Biggest Winners in the 2022 Underwear Olympics (1 Viewer)

I would expect a return to the three level route concepts assuming we have a QB with a decent arm under center.
You would think...but it happened quite a bit last year as well. That's one thing that rubbed me the wrong way about CSP last year and his departure...he didn't bother trying to tailor the offense to the new QBs, he tried to keep them in that 4-7yd "Brees Bubble"

You would think...but it happened quite a bit last year as well. That's one thing that rubbed me the wrong way about CSP last year and his departure...he didn't bother trying to tailor the offense to the new QBs, he tried to keep them in that 4-7yd "Brees Bubble"

I suspect for Winston it was a matter of slowly giving him more and more freedom to make plays without throwing a bunch of interceptions that could have stalled his development or caused regression. I like Winston's aggressive steak, but they had to get the Arians risk it all on every play disease out of his system before they let him run the full offense. It looked like the cuffs were about to come off when Winston got injured. We also didn't have any speed at WR other than Harty who at 5' 6" isn't exactly the ideal deep threat.

With Hill, I don't think that Payton really trusted him making risky throws given what he did against Dallas. He wanted to cut the field in half vertically and horizontally to give Hill easy quick reads.

Anyway, I think/hope Carmichael with input from Curry and new ideas from Burns will bring back stretching the field vertically on nearly every play. I also think adding some speed at WR would make that more likely.

Wasn’t that a problem last year with the WRs, if it’s an issue with him then I’d pass
I don't think that's a known issue with Watson. Can't be an issue because there's just no way to really know until he's on the field running routes against NFL caliber competition. That's actually the case with every WR and TE. But it's even more of a question for a guy coming out of a FCS college. From FCS to FBS is a big jump in quality of opponent. From FBS to the NFL is a much bigger jump. From FCS to NFL is a tremendous jump. Still, there's only one way to find out.

He looks good to my eye. The question on him is whether or not he has the ability to get separation and make contested catches vs NFL DBs
Yep. A big question mark for MANY WRs is can they play/get separation against da more physical NFL DBs, esp in press man. But it’s even truer about players like Watson who come from smaller schools n playin against lesser competition. So teams may still b a lil leery about his play at da next level.

Yeah, it’s a deep WR class, filled with lotsa talented guys who can run n catch. But IMO, one of the big things that’ll “separate” ( pun intended 😂) the top WRs from the rest is their ability to take on, beat n win against tight coverage. The ones that teams feel can’ll likely b drafted earliest. But it’s safe to say Watson really helped himself at the Combine!

Meanwhile, for us, it’ll b good to have MT back, but the need for a WR remains. IMO, it won’t surprise anybody to take one at 18, or even move up for one the team covets. But if we decide to “double dip” at WR later in da draft, a player like Watson could b an option.

We’ll see

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom