Apple Watch (1 Viewer)

Semper

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
God help me but I am thinking of getting an Apple Watch and I could use some advice. My first instinct is to blog buy the current watch and be happy. But now I hear the /Series 8 is coming out. Is this a huge jump typically? I can’t really find any info on the 8. When they come out are they typically difficult to get?

God help me but I am thinking of getting an Apple Watch and I could use some advice. My first instinct is to blog buy the current watch and be happy. But now I hear the /Series 8 is coming out. Is this a huge jump typically? I can’t really find any info on the 8. When they come out are they typically difficult to get?
Apple is having an event on Wed Sept 7 so if you have not purchased one yet you may want to check it out. The jump each year on the Apple Watch is usually not that significant though.

There will always be a newer phone or watch or computer/laptop around the corner. Unless there is some feature that will likely be available on the future release that you just really want. There may be deals to be had for the previous or the current one if a new one due really soon.

There will always be a newer phone or watch or computer/laptop around the corner. Unless there is some feature that will likely be available on the future release that you just really want. There may be deals to be had for the previous or the current one if a new one due really soon.
I went with the Series 7. Absolutely love it.

I had a 5 for a while, only complaint was the battery life. It's why I have a Garmin. I can get around 4 days on a charge, depending on the health apps I have running. Apple Watch is a great watch with a big battery issue.

Apple is having an event on Wed Sept 7 so if you have not purchased one yet you may want to check it out. The jump each year on the Apple Watch is usually not that significant though.
I was going to purchase one today, but turns out my old as dirt iPhone isn't compatible. iOS 16 or higher needed and mine is at 15.6.1, oh well, money not spent.

How is the battery life? I'm thinking of buying a Series 8 in the next few weeks. I've never had a SmartWatch and probably haven't regularly worn a watch since I was about eight.

How is the battery life? I'm thinking of buying a Series 8 in the next few weeks. I've never had a SmartWatch and probably haven't regularly worn a watch since I was about eight.
Honestly I’ve never worn a watch because I didn’t like wearing them. I wear this thing every day. The battery life for me at the end of the day it’s still at about 65%. I put my watch on at 6 AM and take it off around 10:30 PM

Honestly I’ve never worn a watch because I didn’t like wearing them. I wear this thing every day. The battery life for me at the end of the day it’s still at about 65%. I put my watch on at 6 AM and take it off around 10:30 PM
That's good insight, thank you. Part of the reason I'd intended to get it was to wear it to bed because it has a vibrating alarm (my hearing sucks, and when I'm travelling I don't always hear the alarm on my phone). Does it take long to charge during the day? Assume I could just charge it for an hour or two while I'm working.

That's good insight, thank you. Part of the reason I'd intended to get it was to wear it to bed because it has a vibrating alarm (my hearing sucks, and when I'm travelling I don't always hear the alarm on my phone). Does it take long to charge during the day? Assume I could just charge it for an hour or two while I'm working.
I’ve found that charging up the watch say for like 30 minutes before you head out would do the trick. They seem to charge up pretty quickly. Not to a 100% but enough to get through the day

Not sure. I charge it every night.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom