Anyone have any experience with Intel Iris Xe? (1 Viewer)

fred8615

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I might be getting a new computer in the near future, and one of the ones I'm looking at has the Iris Xe video built into the CPU instead of a dedicated graphics card. I don't play the newer, high end games. In fact, the only two games I'm concerned about are from 2005 and 2007. So I'm wondering if anyone here has used Iris Xe, and how well it works, especially (if possible) with older games.

Thanks in advance.

Is this a laptop you are looking at? Integrated iris xe is bottom of the barrel. Think just used for the most basic of tasks.

If you want something integrated on the cpu like xe, but with a little more oomph, consider a ryzen cpu with a 680m (featured on last year's models with amd processors) or 780m (featured on this year's models)

see article comparing xe to the amd 680m integrated graphics https://www.notebookcheck.net/Integ...-Iris-Xe-look-like-child-s-play.618595.0.html

but honestly, I would wait for next year if you can. the current integrated graphics from both companies have only seen minor revisions over the past few years. However, both companies are coming out with revamped integrated graphics next year, and should be much better compared to what is out now.

Is this a laptop you are looking at? Integrated iris xe is bottom of the barrel. Think just used for the most basic of tasks.

If you want something integrated on the cpu like xe, but with a little more oomph, consider a ryzen cpu with a 680m (featured on last year's models with amd processors) or 780m (featured on this year's models)

see article comparing xe to the amd 680m integrated graphics https://www.notebookcheck.net/Integ...-Iris-Xe-look-like-child-s-play.618595.0.html

but honestly, I would wait for next year if you can. the current integrated graphics from both companies have only seen minor revisions over the past few years. However, both companies are coming out with revamped integrated graphics next year, and should be much better compared to what is out now.
Mini desktop. I have found some minis with dedicated graphics cards since I posted this. They're a bit more expensive though.

Plus, as I said, the only games I'm planning on playing on it are real old anyway.

Mini desktop. I have found some minis with dedicated graphics cards since I posted this. They're a bit more expensive though.

Plus, as I said, the only games I'm planning on playing on it are real old anyway.

I read what you said, but I still can't recommend an iris xe for anything, other than basic tasks, with good conscious lol

If you found something with even a lowly 3050 gpu, that would blow away the integrated stuff.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom