Alan Wake 2 (1 Viewer)

Yeah, the mindplace thing is awkward, but I think I'm getting the hang of it. Kept me in the morgue for entirely too long. I've gotten to where I came across this missing writer near the lake. At that point, I stopped playing, and I installed the original Alan Wake to play through before continuing. I'm realizing there are A LOT of references to the original game, so I want to progress with all of them fresh in my mind.

You can get by without playing the first one. but there are some great recaps you can just watch. I'm finding this game to be absolutely fantastic. Twin Peaks in gaming form.

Ok, so I completed the Saga storyline up to the warning about the ending coming, and I've now switched over to Alan to go through his storyline before finishing.

All in all, the game is pretty amazing, and a great sequel to the original. I'm not a huge fan of the Alan "plot board" device, as there doesn't seem to be any real 'intelligence' required. Just change it to something else and see if that allows you to continue. I'd like it more if you had to actually figure out what to change. I also find myself running out of charges for the Angel lamp and having to backtrack to pick some of the ones I used back up.

But, these are minor inconveniences. The game itself is still great.

Oh..and the musical number is ridiculously awesome.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom